Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

NikNik
Senior Contributor

SANE Forums Responsive project: Ask technical questions & report bugs here

This thread will be opened on the morning of Tuesday 5 June for people to ask technical questions and report any bugs they have come across on the new Responsive Forum Platform.

This technology behind the Responsive Forum Platform is not new - it's tried and tested, so we don't expect any issues - but better be safe than sorry 😁

If you have a technical 'How do I....' question, jump over to this thread first and then read posts in this thread, to see if the answer is already there.

If you don't find the answer, or have found a bug, please report it here and tag @Former-Member , who will follow it up.

Thanks!

109 REPLIES 109

Re: SANE Forums Responsive project: Ask technical questions & report bugs here

And we have lift off!

We have already noted some formatting issues, which we hope to fix soon - but please report any issues you come across. Screenshots and / or links are helpful. 

Thanks!

@Former-Member

Tagging is a bit of a tricky affair, you get the drop down menu if recently tagged but as soon as you make a space to move away from the name it untags. Ie - tagging is shown as purple font and underlined. When you move the cursor away it untags. It presently takes several frustrating goes to tag someone properly

Hi @NikNik@Lauz and all. 

Love the new site, it seems smoother and faster. I like the lay out too. Not having to change to desktop site on my phone all the time is awesome too. 

Ive noticed that tagging is a bit hit and miss. It happened sometimes on the old site too but I never had trouble tagging @NikNik before. Today I had to write her whole name before it would tag her 

im just trying to tag a few random people to see how I go 

@Faith-and-Hope (bonus this one was always tricky in the old for me in the tag list) 

@CheerBear

@Margot

ok I think I just found part of the problem. It’s when you try to tag multiple people in a row.

@NikNik @@Faith-and-Hope @CheerBear @Sans911. I’m not so sure now. I had this same problem sometimes in the old site too. 

Would be interesting to see if others are having the same issues. 

Hi ☺

I noticed a minor hiccup when trying to set a profile image from mobile this morning. The cropping of the "message thumbnail" is very off . I could crop it easily through the desktop site though.

This is what happened when I went to crop it. 

20180605_093058.png

Solution for you @Teej ......

Put my my name first ..... 😆.... its the solution for me anyway ...... 😁

Seriously though, I had the same problem this morning trying to tag @Adge .... kept changing it to Ashe, and it was a typed-second name that was not in the recent users drop-down list .....

Might have to play with it a bit to work out how to deal .....

Hi @Teej @Sans911

I have fed back the tagging queries to the project team - it is something they will be looking into and may have to do some further digging on this one so I appreciate your patience. There is still the slight lag when you start typing a name as was the way before, so it might be good to give it time for a name to appear. But I do know that this isn't exactly what you are meaning - it seems this is more to do when tagging members that aren't already in the thread? Is that correct?

@CheerBear this is an interesting one isn't it!! Would you mind letting me know what type of phone and browser you are using? 😎

@Lauz

Doesn't matter if name is in or out of thread. Same issue. And it took 3 goes to tag you here. As soon as you tap the space bar, the name untags. If you move the cursor away, the tag stays

@Lauz, I am having to press the Refresh button to be able to respond in any thread, even if I have already used it in the last little while, and then it automatically goes to password sign-in ...... which is easy enough, but wondering whether this is a bug that needs fixing too.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance