Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

-Rayne-
Senior Contributor

Survey feedback

Greetings SANE folk,

The thread with your annual survey didn’t allow replies but I need to point out there’s an unfortunate error in one of the first questions (8 perhaps?). It asks if you’re a person with a MI, a carer, both, or a mental health professional. Only one option can be checked. There’s no option for a MH professional with a MI (or carer for thst matter). I’m not a MH professional so it didn’t affect my response but it looks poor, as if an assumption has been made.

In the spirit of research and advocacy 😉

Rayne

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Survey feedback

Hi @-Rayne-,

Thanks so much for posting this feedback. I appreciate you raising this with us. I will pass this insight onto the evaluation team! 

As an update @-Rayne- - the team passed on your feedback to the researchers who designed the survey. We can’t change it for the moment unfortunately but we will have a think about how to make the question more inclusive next year.

Currently the other option is that participants can write something in the ‘other’ section for that question – e.g. ‘I’m a mental health professional and I live with a mental illness’. As I have said though, this will be reviewed for next years survey.

Thanks @Lauz. I appreciate the feedback. To be clear, I was less concerned about the methodological implications than what I perceived to be the underlying assumption - that it’s at least very rare for a MH professional to have a MI. I know there is a stigma around that, as there is in my profession (for different reasons) and sane is concerned with reducing stigma.

Anyway, thanks 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance