Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Forum News and Updates

Margot
Senior Contributor

Update on email notification issue for members using Gmail

Hi everyone ๐ŸŒˆ

And a special mention to those who have reported delayed notifications with Gmail: @Mazarita@Former-Member 

Our tech team have advised they have resolved the issue causing th delayed notifications for forum members using Gmail ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ‘

Your notifications should now be working correctly. 

Thanks to everyone for your patience as we worked through this issue. If there's somebody on the forums who you  think would liek to be updated about this, please feel free to tag them in this thread too as I may have missed them. 

If you continue to experience delayed notifications with Gmail, please do let us know.

Thanks everyone ๐Ÿผ

37 REPLIES 37

Re: Update on email notification issue for members using Gmail

Thanks @Margot for letting us know (and to the tech team for resolving the issue).

Tagging @eth and @BlueBay who may be interested in this update too.

(Now jumping straight to settings to switch back to my gmail account!)

โ˜บ

Thanks @CheerBear. Love your new avatar too ๐Ÿฆ„

Thanks so much, @Margot. I thought I had noticed an improvement. Will let you know if there are any more delayed notifications. Will help a lot with live chat! Smiley Very Happy

thanks @CheerBear ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi @Margot and @Lauz. Gmail has been working really well for me since I switched back except for one little glitch in that tags won't come through email for me if an image is attached to a post. Not a big issue at all but I wanted to mention it.

Thanks for everything you do โ˜บ

Great to hear notifications are working better for you in general @CheerBear ๐ŸŒˆ Thanks for your feedback about the images and tags too. We reckon that might be related to our moderation system. Images can take a bit longer to come through as they need to be approved separately so that might explain what's happening here. Do the notifications come through for you eventually?

Hi @Margot. The posts with images I am tagged in aren't delayed as email notifications, they don't come through at all. I thought it may have been only from certain members but I went through emails and could see I haven't received an email for a tag if the post included an image, from many members ๐Ÿค”

That is unusual @CheerBear. I've asked our tech team to have a look into it for you. In the meantime, they've asked me to check in with you to see whether you have notifications enabled for @mentions. You can find this out by having a look at your settings. Let us know how you go and I do hope we can resolve this for you very soon ๐ŸŒป

I checked settings and have notifications for posts I'm @ mentioned in to notify me "immediately" via email and they work now the gmail glitch has been fixed, unless there's an image in the post @Margot.

Thanks heaps โ˜บ
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance