Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Motivation

Hi,
I am having one of those days where I just sit around doing nothing which doesn’t make me feel very good at all.
I have 2 kids & I really need to be on the ball, there is so much I could be doing in the way of house work but still I do nothing.
I wanted to put it out there in a supportive environment what do you do on days like this to get yourself motivated and going again?

Effortless dinner meal ideas would be great too !!

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Motivation

@Former-Member and welcome to the forum

How old are your children , and have you been able to look around the forum

I can tag you in a rew threads

Hi @Former-Member, I have very low motivation a lot too about housework. The best thing for me is to make a list of items to do. Sometimes I get into states where I can't do this too. But at the moment, I'm finding it helpful getting my flat ready for a rental inspection of this unit we lease. Other times it has helped me too to list things.

I also try not to beat myself up over it. But I still do that anyway, but less than I used to. 

I barely can cook, so won't be much help with meals. But there are others who do.

Maz

Former-Member
Not applicable

Kids are 2 & 7, I did find another thread on motivation after posting. Thankyou @Shaz51
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you Mazarita lists is a good place to start you’ve given food for thought.

Hello @Former-Member

how are you going today Heart

Hi @Former-Member, 

just wondering if you’d like to join us on our daily goals, motivation and check in thread. No pressure too but feel free to join in if it would help 💜😄

....and welcome to the forum 👋

TAB
Senior Contributor

Hi Everyone/Anyone .. I’m have told work will go in and do practical tests this morning.
I have attempted/done these tests maybe 10 times over the last 10 years. The last time was 3 years ago maybe. And had a spate of ‘fails’ before that. It’s not something I do often/well rarely or really practice.
It’s tested to a very high standard and its not that simple. But. I think my main problem is giving up/ getting in a tiz if it isn’t going perfectly. These people want me to pass tho not like some places. So re attempts would be allowed.
Without this, my options for good/more/longer term work are limited. Plus Im not feeling brilliant this morning re physically well a bit on ill side.
Would anyone like to point out some thinking errors here? .. @soul maybe? Its a bit cheeky of me but .. .. help? .. umm other option is to put it off til tomorrow I guess but Id rather get it over with tbh.
TAB
Senior Contributor

Anyway. Heading off shortly. Have decided it will be fine

Hey @TAB - sorry that I saw your message late. Was off walking off my own foggy thinking. Walking is a nice way to clear out your head. Put on some uplifting music and off you go. Mind the cars though.

Glad you decided that you would be okay. Our thoughts can be our own worst enemy. We need to remind ourselves that they are just thoughts and not necessarily reality.

Wishing you well and thinking of you today. Trust that it all goes in your favour.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance