Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Senior Contributor

Re: Making a commitment to self-care, and keeping it!

Good work researching @Darcy

IPL is supposed to be permanent, & less painful than electrolysis - that's why it's good, especially with stubborn hair re-growth.

The problem is that it only works on dark-coloured hairs, & leaves the pale ones behind. I also did find it somewhat painful, especially on my face.

Adge

Senior Contributor

I need to work on reaching out for support (when I need it) - as a commitment to self-care.

Because when I'm most tired or overwhelmed etc - I tend to go quiet, & keep to myself.

Just when I probably need to connect with people (for support) the most....

I just practiced doing that (asking for support), by phoning Sane Helpline (I got through) for the first time.

Adge

Senior Contributor

I just followed-up today on a MH Support Group, that I initially made enquiries about, over 18 months ago.

As it turned out, I wasn't able to attend at that time - because it conflicted with my Psychologist appointment (on a Saturday).

My psych did not seem to support my going to the group (at that time) - now she has changed her tune, & supports the idea....

I intend to go to the support group for the 1st time this Saturday (19th of May).

The group only meets once a month, but it's a start...

Adge

Senior Contributor

Hope that goes well for you @Adge

Senior Contributor

Thanks @Determined
Adge
Senior Contributor

@Adge
Looking forward to hearing how it all goes.