Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Making a commitment to self-care, and keeping it!

this would be a good place to keep track of my progress Smiley Very Happy-- sure will be @Determined and mine too xx

Main focus recently has been my own health needs @Shaz51, been a lot more focussed at work too (still have a bit more work to do in that respect).  Trying to still declutter a couple of things a day - hit and miss with this - but usually catch up one day a week.

A monthly massage appointment @Shaz51 Is about as far as my self-care gets, at the moment.

Or a bit more often, if possible.

Lack of affordability & expense is the main issue there.

It's certainly necessary, because I get horrendous back pain (for 25 years) - & a lot of muscle tension, exacerbated by work stress.

I'm regular at my 2 yoga classes every week (for the past 6 & 1/2 years), that's definitely self-care too.

Adge

OMG self care......

Well well...my dog Arlo is getting into self care by eating a turkey bone without the bone. Little Buddha carved all the meat off it.

I'm very focused on self-care but haven't focused on focusing on self-care because of other things for about three to six months 

One thing I did start doing and have been able to maintain was to take a little bit more care in my appearance.  Clothes are still a mix of new and pre-loved but am picking styles that better suit and the lippy goes on, even for a trip to the supermarket. Don't clothes shopping much but was pleased with the three tops I found yesterday..

Darcy

PS I know what really counts is what is in the heart and that is a continuing work in process

morning @Former-Member, @NikNik, @PeppiPatty, @Adge, @Determined

my self care work is  in process too  ,I am feeling mine is changing , feels strange but feels good also Heart

Good morning @Shaz51@Former-Member & everyone.

Sometimes doing self-caring things takes a lot of time & effort, & leaves me exhausted.

Like yesterday - left home at 7.30am for yoga class, then had a massage appointment (she was running very late).

I did not reach home until after 1.00pm.

I think I need to just rest today.

Adge

rest day today sounds like a good idea @Adge

I find i can only do small self care things

Small sef-care things are probably more effective @Shaz51

At least they're less expensive, & easier to keep on doing perhaps.

I'm over-reliant on just a few self-care activities, that all cost money, & that I have to drive to.

I need better self-care things that I can do at home.

Adge

self-care things that I can do at home. as I can`t drive so I have to rely on mr shaz to take me anywhere which is hard when he is unwell

@Adge, Love to get back to walking , one day i will

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance