Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Appleblossom
Community Elder

Taking Time - Nanoseconds

I have a habit of saying "take care"

Taking time is also important to me.

Here is a funny video that explains some aspects of time and work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEpsKnWZrJ8

For some reason it means a lot to me.

Smiley Happy

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Nanoseconds

@Appleblossom  Am looking forward to watching just have son2 at me lol. Will watch in the early morning :)xxxx

@Appleblossom Grace Hopper Heart Such an impressive career and a great speaker. Thanks for sharing Smiley Happy On your habit of saying "Take care", there's a family on tv called the Browns, who live in Alaska, and they always say "more" when one of them is leaving, even if they just leave the room. It's their shorthand way of saying more time please, or they'd like to see more of you. Such a sweet concept.

@Appleblossom  brilliant people like this do my head in 😮

I wish I had more time with a lot of people in my life, woh are sadly not in it anymore. People like my Mum, Brother and Best Mate who have passed on but also my Dad and my Aunt. I always tell them to take care when I see or hear from them, but truth be told, I'd like to spend a lot more time with them. Perhaps I should say "more time please" also?

@Queenie   @Ali11 More quality time with people we love ....

What a great idea

@greenpea I have memories doing blokey things with circuits and leads and radio parts.  Fairly simple really. Nothing fancy like her in math and the military. My people are all dead.  Life's struggles were too much and they have passed. I cant pretend to be anything disciplined like Grace Hopper, but I loved her irreverant womanly take on things technical.  Also dad was navy, but he is dead too.  So I try and live on positive memory triggers.  For me motor bikes was also part of that time in my life. It was not really about thrills.  I felt excluded by girls and their interests did not attract me, I felt safer with males than females, even though the odd rider would try and freak me out by scraping the foot pedals.  It was all about hanging in there and overcoming fear.  Hugs gp its been great to know you, and I am getting over my girl phobia ...

@Appleblossom  It is great getting to know you too Appleblossom. I like you was never a girly girl. I had girl friends but many more guy friends .... all my best friends were guys. Although I say never say never 🙂 xxx

I love that Grace Hopper says we are in the start of computer revolution.  People who have grown up with them most of their lives may not realise ...

Also thought that as this is a mental health service based on computer servers ... it is wise to be mindful ...

Some people panic and think they are being rejected if they dont get an immediate response.

Take your time to smell the roses and if you cant do that ... use your imagination to understand the world you live in ... til someone can get back to you.

my sense of smell got really stuffed cos of excess truama and hypervigilance .. so I hated that saying for a while ... but I am getting over it Smiley SadSmiley EmbarassedSmiley FrustratedSmiley MadSmiley Indifferent

Those are great words @Appleblossom, advancements in technology have meant that we live in an "instant response" time, where we all expect replies immediately. Your so true that we need to take time to stop and smell the roses (or other flowers). 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance