Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

I am looking at my above comments as a positive plan rather than simply being negative about our current situation. I am most grateful that we do have the opportunity for flexibility in my external commitments. We are so fortunate in that regard. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

My greatest desire at the moment is to be in a position where I can again provide for my family rather than rely on centrelink benefits. 

@Determined

I trust and pray that as you move into this new phase that you will find that you will be able to get your own health on track. Getting in good self care habits early on in relation to diet and exercise may also be easier, is it possible to perhaps ask a  mate to join you for a spot of fishing? You might take turns in helping another do some yard work - one day at their place, the next at yours. As you mentioned you will have a bit more time on your hands, you might find opportunity to get the things at home that you want to sort done and crossing another job off the to do list can bring a sense of achievement - self care tasks can go on this list too.

Content/trigger warning
I am being ever so cheeky but are those mower bits still rattling around the back of your car? 

🤔 mower parts? 

Oh yeah... fogot about that lol...

They are still in the back of the car I'm afraid. Hoping to do something about it tomorrow all going to plan. 

Still have another 4-5 weeks of full on at uni @Former-Member before I can take that break unfortunately. Hoping to have some more weekends off though. Family outing on Saturday weather permitting. 

I've  tried inviting people to go out fishing or anything with me but I must smell or something as everyone always seems too busy. Even volunteered to help people out at different times to no avail.  I guess I'm  just socially challenged, always seem to be the odd one out.  Doesn't make it any easier but kind of used to it. 

A weekend off having a family outing sounds lovely @Determined. These are precious times to be treasured.

Here's hoping for a beaut day for you both weather wise and emotionally.

Darcy

I didn't manage to get the weekend off after all @Former-Member, I pressed through trying to get a hurdle task finished for a presentation this Wednesday. 

We did manage a night out for dinner last night which was enjoyed by all.

I have to say these past few days my darling has seemed more relaxed which I am most grateful for... it is often when I am tired and wired like I am at the moment that she falls apart.  I have made a point of letting her know that it has been noticed. I suspect that inwardly she is still fighting the usual battles however outwardly she is coping relatively well, I am making an effort to encourage her in that regard and hopeful that it can continue. 

@Determined .... sending ever so gentle thoughts your way.

Thanks @Former-Member,  feeling pretty low here at the moment, I think that is mostly fatigue though, I really need to take a break but have so much to do,

Another presentation down yesterday at uni, that went much better than expected,
Two more reports and an exam to go... (just under 4 weeks).

Trust all is as well as can be for you and Mr Darcy.

Managed to get a walk in as some self care today, did 5 laps of one of he local parks that has a concrete walking path around a large lake. (more of a pond but they call it a lake lol...) 

Walk.jpg

Well I really need to get on top of some self care after this afternoons dr app (GP).

Lots of things wrong that need to be addressed. (Mostly stress and anxiety related).

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance