Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

@Determined
Hoping you can begin to unwind Bro

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Something I have to be grateful for at the moment.
I have recently had a discussion with a young adult who has been exposed to emotional instability in childhood and was able to get some good feedback on things to look for, things to do and more importantly not to do to help our children particually during/ after times of crisis.
This is someone who seems quite well adjusted and who I can trust and has actually been a support to me at different times when I have been not copeing.

@Anony18  I thought I would answer your question over here rather than hot choc thread,

While we still have a long way to go my darling is actually doing ok. at the moment, possibly better than she has been in over 2 years. We had a particularly rough start to the year, triggered I think by concern about me going back to work/ uni and not being around so much for support. That has all worked out though.

Other people have also mentioned to me recently  that she is looking more relaxed which is encouraging,
She has done all of the school drop off/ pick ups this term which the children are enjoying. S2 this afternoon mentioned how it is good having his mum back. I think he is the most affected out of all the children by her ups and downs.

That is positive news @Determined. Hopefully she is slowly learning to manage and cope. Am sure you know this but one step at a time. Definitely glad to hear things seem to be going relatively well thus far 🤗

That is positive news @Determined and hugs for you and your darling Heart

I am really proud of my darling today 😍

Despite how stressed she has been over preperations for a birthday party for S2 today she managed really well. She had to immediately put everything back in order as soon as everyone left (ocd) rather than take a break but was able to hold it together well during the day.

Meltdowns in front of visitors are always a concern to me in these situations so I am most grateful. 😊

Quick check in @Determined

Thanks @Former-Member

I'm ot in a good space at the moment but everything is okay. 
Trust Mr D is travelling well and you are okay also .

Escape.PNG

Keeping you and your family in prayers @Determined

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance