Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

Are you settling a little @Sans911

Thanks @outlander. I've calmed a little but I keep getting intense waves of overwhelming sadness. It feels like I'm continually being punished in my life. Like I don't deserve to have it good, or as soon as things start improving, it goes sour shortly after. I try to stay focused & determined, but it's hard when I'm constantly knocked down so frequently. It just makes me want to stay down, and give up everything.

My mh case manager is pregnant, so will be leaving in 6 months. I'm thinking of discharging myself from the mh service but then that means my GP won't prescribed antidepressants.

And my car has a couple of significant issues that I need to make decisions about in the next few months.

Everyone thinks I'm managing just fine, but I know that just under the surface I'm about to crack.

Im not sure leaving the mh service would be good atm @Sans911 id hate to see you loose your supports. You also dont have to pretend your managing with them either thats what their there for.

I could say a few choice words about mh, it really sucks. Its hard to keep trying to get up when the weight of the world is sitting in your lap.

Im sorry things seem to be going down the drain its awful and you definently do not deserve it.

Do you think the pressures others youvr been helping lots latley might be contributing to how your feeling atm too? I know having to be at alot of people's bec and call is tiring both physically and mentally too.

I wish i could really come and give you and also @Snowie a nice big bear hug and take some of your pains away. I will send lots of hugs through the screen though.

I would love to have a SANE slumber party @outlander with hot choc, marshmallows, and goodies that you can manage. Sitting around a fire, talking, crying, laughing and hugging each other. Wouldn't that be amazing? Oops, sorry I must of dozed off.

Yes, last week was quite difficult with many people's demands on me including issues with people buying stuff off fb and stuffing me around. Apart from the clothes sale on Sunday (which starts mid morning) I have the week off from helping my friend with listing things. And I've set up the house better for the final garage sale the weekend after next.

I've also deliberately given myself space from other friends who have mh issues. I've still made myself available if needed but I also am quite good at getting them to reflect and consider other coping mechanisms or ways of thinking. That often helps them and me because they learn new skills and can manage without me.

I helped a friend today at her gp appointment to clarify a few things. It's actually also my own gp as well, so it wasn't difficult, and I'd already given her some background information about my friend in a previous email. This is where my nursing background helps.

That would be pretty good @Sans911

Oh yes the joys of selling things hey. Can be such a pain sometimes!! Im glad itll be the final garage sale. I hope plenty gets sold so you dont have to worry about helping with more listings.

Im glad your also giving yourself some space. Your clever at helping people getting them to work put their issues without brushing them off.

Would you like a milo top up? @Sans911 (and everyone)

I'm good thanks @outlander otherwise I'll be up in the middle of the night!

Lol well ive already you you to it here @Sans911 🤣 its already 1230 here

I'm off to sleep now @outlander. Thanks for being with me tonight. I really appreciate it. 💕💕💕💕💕💕😘😘😘💖💖

Goodnight @Sans911 sleep well 💜💜
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance