Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: self care -- Food, Salt , Sugar , Water

ohhh thanks @Eucalypt Heart

Hello @Former-Member , @Adge , @Appleblossom , @TAB , @Mrsjones , @Sophie1 , @Determined , @outlander 

trying to cut down on carbs xx

Are you feeling you are managing things a little better @Shaz51 ?

Hi @Salma 

This discussion thread is one where we gently encourage healthy eating. Some forum members have specific needs due to medical conditions so healthy eating is different for all of us.

Community guidelines around references to this subject are quite strict so do read up on them.

Healthy eating is important.

I've always eaten healthy food, in reasonably good balance.

Irritable bowel syndrome (dysfunctional digestion) from bowel surgeries - makes adequate nutrition more challenging.

Under stress, or fatigued - I have 2 chronic conditions that causes severe daily fatigue - eating enough is a bigger challenge.

Also eating alone has never been a motivational exercise for me (demotivating).

One of your encouraging reminders (or nudges) would be appreciated @Former-Member

If you have some to spare...

Adge

@Adge 

Oh yes, looking after yourself especially well during this period will enable you to have the energy things done around home and make the best of this social distancing period.

images (28).png

@Adge, you are going through the same with mum but different ages 

hoping you can a better lifehood than my mum who is 88

@Former-Member, @TAB@Appleblossom 

I really  like that quote @Former-Member 

Eating Healthy is a sign of Self Respect.

Take Care @Shaz51 

Eating healthy has just taken on a whole new aspect in the Darcy household. Following his upper abdominal surgery, Mr Darcy has some specific dietary requirements to ensure he gets adequate nutrition. Quality intake at regular intervals along with separation of food and drinks so as to not overload the GI system is the crux of things. Fortunately with the exception of fizzy drinks (which we rarely have), Mr D can still enjoy all the "good stuff".  The dietician went through the post operation information sheets with us and there will need to be a major shift in the way we manage things.

Simple  changes such as waiting 1/2 an hour after having brekky cereal before being able to have a coffee (or the other way around) are already troubling Mr D.  While this is readily done, for the last 20+ years, Mr Darcy's morning routine has been to get up out of bed, do a few things and when he ready, make the coffee before getting me out of bed for brekky together. 

We enjoy having people over or join us for meals at a cafe and I guess one silver lining at present is that we can get hopefully get our head around the new regimen and work out how we can manage the social side of eating before this resumes after pandemic restrictions are lifted.

hello @Former-Member , so need little changes for mr darcy 

I need to get back on track for me again 

Day 1 at home and I am concerned that we did not get things right with Mr Darcy's new routine. Hopefully we will do better tomorrow.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance