Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Anxiety, how I overcame it

It's difficult for me to mention the "other" forum @Former-Member

I left of my own accord and although there were difference involving one thread only I left with no animosity. I accept though that as a peer support role we were expected to perform in a certain manner that at times conflicted easily.

I have a different view of things when organisations are concerned. If I dont agree with how they operate or my principles are different and too different to ignore and it causes me too much angst I leave. 

I was one of the first peer supporters at that forum and I loved it. I wrote 240 special threads. I was devoted. But times change and people change. I cant see myself returning but that's life. I accept that forum management are not responsible for members mental health - thats for our psychs and GP's to treat. So it isnt easy for management to get that balance right. There are two sides to every story so I try to look into their side. Sometimes injustice prevails...if so moving on is the only avenue open where hopefully one can fit in better on another forum.

Holding in anger is only going to take up valuable brain space.

I'm finding this forum less busy and therefore more relaxing.

WK

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Whiteknight.  And hi @BlueBay.

Sherry Heart

Image result for thanks

Hi @Former-Member
Just to say that I found it extremely difficult when I was banned from the forum of an organisation that is supposed to support mental health in a big way. I wrote a letter to the community manager but he refused me to come back because I had not obeyed the guidelines and rules. Anyway I'm not going back and glad I'm here.
Take care xxx
Former-Member
Not applicable

Yeah same here @BlueBay.  I actually put in an official complaint as well through their complaints page.  2 weeks later to the day I got a little email to say they had looked into my complaint and they had done nothing wrong.  All I'd done was to exercise my right to remain anonymous as a volunteer.  I had broken no rules. They banned me anyway. But at the end of the day, if you read the rules and guidelines they can do whatever they damn well like.  And do exactly that.  I think what it comes down to is that they only want you there if you are well and not when you're struggling.  Not great for a MH forum who claim to be there and provide support for sufferers of MH issues.  

I was distraught about my banning (both times) and became suicidal as a result. I deeply resent that they were not there for me at my darkest hours, and they took away my ability to seek support from people there who meant a lot to me. Yeah I'm bitter about what happened, because it sucks. It was wrong, and I will never forgive them for it.

Sherry  Heart

Yep I feel exactly the same way @Former-Member. Very disappointed and angry. But it's the past. At least we have this forum.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes precisely right @BlueBay.  Thank you Sane for always being here for me, and the members who are consistently so caring and supportive.

Sherry Woman Happy

Image result for thanks for sane

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Whiteknight I understand what you are saying WK. And I'm pleased that you left on good terms. I also see your reluctance to discuss this. I agee with you that nobody else is responsible for me. However that 'organisation's' duty of care to a hard working and very dedicated unpaid volunteer (me) was totally non existant in my case. I think what transpired, and how, was incredibly unfeeling and definitely negligent of them. The manager allowed a very clear case of serious bullying to occur. No matter how much I try, I cannot forgive nor forget that.

Sherry. 😔

Fair enough comment @Former-Member

Tonight I'm at the royal wedding. After all I'm a knight...:)
Former-Member
Not applicable

Of course you are @Whiteknight. I'm watching an AFL match between my Sydney Swans and Freo. But switching to The wedding during all the breaks. 😀

Hard to avoid it really, as its on every free to air main channel.

Sherry
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Whiteknight.  You mentioned yesterday that you are finding Sane less busy and therefore more relaxing.  I guess thats a good thing.  However part of the reason for that would be that you dont currently have an official role here, as you did on the other forums. You had obligations there, which you dont have here.  Of course that may well change? But for now, you can relax, find your way around and get to know a few people.

One thing I think you will find here is that they are far more attuned to what members actually want and need. They are here for us, the members, rather than for themselves and their giant egos. The other forums are way too 'rules bound' and unfortunately those rules seem to be for their own benefit, and not for their members.

I hope you are currently experiencing an anxiety free drive in your cute little van.  Perhaps currently stopped at a free camp somewhere for a BBQ lunch in the beautiful autumn sunshine.  Well its a beaut day here anyway, so I hope it is there too.  So relax and enjoy.  Its a great way to let all our troubles seep out through our pores.  Have a great day.  Give Miss Rosie a pat from me and Holly says hi too.

Sherry Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance