Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Wanderer
Senior Contributor

X

X

19 REPLIES 19
greenpea
Senior Contributor

Re: Red pill or Blue pill

@Wanderer I cannot think of the right words to explain the emotions that I am feeling right now after reading your words. You have have been through hell both physically and mentally but have come out the other side intact although scarred.

Medical 'professionals' can be so callous at times .... how dare that gp say "Your a drug addict now you will have to work it out.". Sheesh it makes you wonder doesnt it how they ever got their medical licence out of a corn flakes box maybe. 

I have not been on the regime medications that you have for both pain and mental illness. I can only imagine what the concotion does to the body and the mind. I have thought about weaning myself off them as I hate the side effects but know that going off the will bring me nothing but trouble so I take a deep breath and realise that I have to stay on them for the rest of my life.

As for these 'friends' who took advantage of you. I do not know what to say except there are always good people out there. Just keep looking and never give up. greenpea

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Wanderer - I am sad in so many ways at the number of times that people let you down thoughout this journey... the gp who was without any understanding of what or why you would want to come off the pain meds... the people 'friends' who betrayed you and then the hospital who couldnt give you the care you needed after the natural pain relief difficulties!!
you've been through so much and had to do a lot of things on your own which seems so cruel to me that so much of the world, and so many people here have experienced this sort of isolation wtih their different difficulties...
I'm glad you shared, take care.

X

X

greenpea
Senior Contributor

@Wanderer Hi Wanderer which pill would you pick the Red or the Blue?

@greenpea

To be honest I have forgotten which colour represents which choice. 

Hearing you. @Wanderer My journey has been different, but I came to similar conclusions. Like you I became wary of contraindications and the lack of deep understanding in the medicos I met.

From the begining of joining the forum, I have tried to raise consciousness about side effects of meds rather than go along with the prevailing view ... "be a good boy/girl and take your meds"... end of story.

Glad you have a plan. Glad you decided to post.

I too found that being taken of advantage of by family when I was in chronic extreme physical pain, the most shocking realisation.

Take care

@Wanderer I agree I would take the Red pill. I prefer the truth always. Funny you say epilepsy pills I take epilepsy medication as a mood stabilizer it is a double edged sword. Puts on weight which I hate but makes my hair go curly which I really like. Plus it really works in stabilzing my mood so will I keep taking it? absolutely unless my pdoc can come up with a better solution to my mood problems.

My other meds work on my psychosis and depression. They have side effects but the pluses outweigh the negatives. 

@Appleblossom@greenpea

Yep, tough one finding the right balance of meds and often is entirely left up to us to figure it out. 

Amazing medical history. @Wanderer

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance