Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Thanks @Zoe7 .  I just read the entire transcript and I did pick up that it wasn't really working for you.  It does happen fast and that stops people from directly responding to each other's comments as there's not enough time to read them all.

Really hope you are recovering and feel well again soon.  Take care my friend, xoxo

I'm afraid I'm not aware of any threads that have been started as yet @eth. You're more than welcome to start a thread on it yourself to share your thoughts and insights on WRAPs though if you'd like. Let me know if you do and I can tag some others to join the discussion also 😊

@eth 🧡💜

@Mazarita 💚🧡

@outlander hi beautiful. Hope you get some restful times tonight. Heart

Hi @eth, thinking of you and wondering how you are going, ndis matters and your activities.

Today was the second week of individualised yoga with my old support worker and friend, again my support worker with ndis. I am so looking forward to walking in nature with her again when we start our second support session, either this Thursday, or next week (scheduling issues).

With the yoga, we are going slowly and not that many exercises. But I have had a strong physical reaction afterwards both times. The first time I slept almost completely for two days. This evening, in the wake of today's session, I had an intense episode that lasted about half an hour, suddenly nauseous and very shaky like my legs could give out on me. Felt a bit like an anxiety attack as well.

C had to help me walk very slowly to the car and I also needed to cling to walls all the way. Started getting better after I'd been sitting in the car home, driving at night through the lovely edge of the hinterland between us and friend's place, and getting home.

I have mostly recovered from it over the rest of the night, not completely, sleep will probably help. Have been wearing a soft collar around my neck since I've been home and have taken a prn pain med. We will talk over an amended, even slower and gentler yoga approach when I see SW next.

Other than that I am loving spending time doing yoga with her. I've met her lovely partner and one of her children. In the back yard there is a semi-tame water dragon that her partner was giving grapes to. I also love their little dog, who last week was in the yoga room with us, just resting while we did the yoga, sweet nature.

Also had first of the two-weekly cleaning today. When I got home and saw what the cleaner had done, I was so happy. It felt like a weight blessedly lifted off me.

My chronic incapacities with domestic daily life embarrass and shame me. I have had trouble in share housing, and I've only lived alone for no more than two years that I can remember.

I love living in a clean home, lifts my spirits. Part of the freeing feeling is that I feel I am now able to contribute more domestically for C through ndis. He's happy as well. The cleaner did his bathroom, and it generally gives him relief from a bunch of jobs where he has for years picked up the slack for me, not always happily, understandably.

SW said that ndis is meant to support carers too. As you know, he has been my unofficial part-time carer for many years. Hoping to give him some of the transport allowance I think is coming as well.

I am happy with everything that's happening now with ndis. My motto is slow and steady wins the race.

I realise you may be on your writing retreat when I post this. If that's the case, hoping it's wonderful, and hope to catch up afterwards, whether in real time or by delayed posts, like this one.

Well wishes always, my friend. Heart

Hi and fond greetings @Appleblossom @bipolarbunny @Exoplanet @greenpea @Adge @outlander @Zoe7 @Leggs @HenryX @Dimity @Shaz51 other friends and anyone reading. Smiley Happy

@Mazarita  Hi Mazzy that is one huge reaction to a session of yoga 😮 ! Two sleep for two days straight I havent done that for awhile. Happy to hear that things are going well for you re cleaner etc. Hoping that you have a super pea Tuesday my dear friend. Lots of love. peaxxxHeart

Thanks, @greenpea. I think the reaction is related to my neck problems and fibromyalgia mainly, also more suddenly happening now in my life with ndis than I've been used to for past 15 months, so anxiety playing a part too, I think. We will smooth things out as we go along.

Hope your day is ace, my friend. Heart

@Mazarita 

Heart

Glad to hear you are mostly doing well with ndis.

The cleaning helped my mood a lot too, as I had sunk into only doing the basics.  Having clean shower glass is kind of nice, instead of all the little spots!  Now that they have come for a while the general level has slowly lifted so that I have changed to once per month.  My son has moved in and there is a lot more activity in the house.  When it was just me, once stuff was cleaned it stayed that way.  

Your reaction to starting the yoga was similar to things I have gone through.  It will be so good that you have someone who will help you listen to your bodily needs, and encourage in the gentlest way possible. You have substantial medical so go softly.  I do know some find yoga too hard, but a lot can depend on the individual teacher, and it sounds as if you found a gem.

Eg today I did 2 exercises I had dropped from over a year ago.  I was doing everything else.  I was not even sure it triggered trauma at the time and gave myself a hard time for not doing it, but as everything else was pushing ahead and going well I let it be.  Now I have the sense of trust with my physio, and she has earned it. I feel better all round with upper body and walking and cardio, I can finally attend to lower torso.  Probably due to all sex trauma, I was not ready for it a year ago.  I have also joined a lot of the dots in my trauma story over the last year, that I did not have clear in my mind back then.    

It is great to be able to feel optimistic about future supports.  

Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance