Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Polarshift
Contributor

Decide

Hi Everyone

Here is a tip that helped me and something that i live by is you need too decide that you love yourself enough not to surround youself with people things and situations that can have your mind continously spriral down this negative disfunctional path.....Its a choice a mindset beacuse when you surround yourself with positive influences a different energy a good energy starts to take affect..Be kind to yourself you are actually doing the best you can.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Decide

@Polarshift Thanks again!

You are full of wonderful ideas and inspirations today!

It is so important to surround yourself with people and family that are caring, open, supportive, willing to be with you when you are up and down. I am a firm believer in the thought that you make you own family!

You will be surprised by how much negative influences can have an impact on our mental health. So surround yourself with joy and happieness. Even if it is just one tiny little thing that brings you happiness, hold on to that.

Outlanderali

Hi @Polarshift,

You are so right, i have been surrounded by negativity for so long i am consumed by it.

I so wish their was a way for me to be surrounded by positive people, but unfortunately i am unable to because i am housebound.

I wish you well on your journey, by reading your posts you are going to have a bright future.

Take Care

Jacques

@Jacques

Even though you are housebound you do surround yourself with positive people by participating in these forums. So you are still doing it to the best of you current capabilities and getting the benefits from it.

And we all get to benefit from it too by having you here Smiley Very Happy

Thank you @chookmojo,

You are right yet again, i am surrounded by positive people, here everyone is so kind and considerate, i wish i was able to obtain this in my home town, most people are so hostile to me, maybe because of my anxiety, maybe because no one knows me here, or maybe it is some rumors going around about me, i don't know, but i find this forum is such a life saver for me, to speak to people like you @chookmojo and everyone else on here.

I am so glad your employer was so accomodating, helpful and even encouraging you to go home and get well, Wow a big round of applause for a decent employer, you are sure lucky to work in a place that is so thoughtful and respectful.

I hope you get over the flu soon, i would love to read about your next gardening adventure.

Take care my friend.

http://www.bluesuedeheaven.com/files/get-well/get-well-soon.jpg

Jacques

Hi Jacques

Thankyou for your message

I have taken sometime too read your blog and i feel for you...i really love to give some advise but I am not a qualified professional..Although i am studying to become a peer support worker some things our class talked about that would be helpful in recovery is if the timing and enviroment is right is getting a dog in your life they are amazing creatures and are often used in theraputic roles have some people in your life who you do trust to do some research it gives a sense of responsibilty and you will be amazed the bond you can have and they may lead to others things and situations if it leads to taking him or her to a dog park then that may lead human interaction baby steps my friend.....

@Jacques wrote:

Hi @Polarshift,

You are so right, i have been surrounded by negativity for so long i am consumed by it.

I so wish their was a way for me to be surrounded by positive people, but unfortunately i am unable to because i am housebound.

I wish you well on your journey, by reading your posts you are going to have a bright future.

Take Care

Jacques

Hi @Polarshift,

Please give advice, i am open to sugestions, it is ok you are not a professional, neither am i, sometimes it is good to get advice from people who suffer the same problems.  My life is sad, but it brings me comfort to see others fighting and winning the MH battle, i was born like this, born full of fear, i will die this way, things just didn't go my way.

@Polarshift i hope you succeed in becomming a peer support worker, you are a nice person and have helped me think about the people i surround myself with, thank you.

Yes an animal would be nice, but i would not have the money to look after it properly, plus i have a thing about caged animals, i like animals to be free, i love wildlife, if they come to me i love it if they want to stay away i am fine with that too, in my yard some birds and frogs come right up to me and are not scared, i struggle with human interaction and now i am frightened of any human interaction.  i am destined to be alone.

Thank you so much @Polarshift, your message was quite a pleasent supprise, i can't believe people want to read my pathetic story, i am a nobody, a ghost.

Even though it is not possible for me to have an animal i would like to read up more about it, could you tell me what web site to go to?

Thank you, take care my friend

Jacques

Hi

Its no a problem i hope something i shared helps ...i couldnt help but notice you used the word love in your message so follow that love of wildlife absolutely nothing wrong with that...fortheloveofwildlife.org.au enjoy

take care .

polarshift

Hi

Also google therapydogs i have a look and there are plenty of research items

Take care

Polarshift

Thank you @Polarshift, you are too kind to me, i am so glad i have met you, i really hope you are able to pass your course, you will save lives in a noble profession.

wishing you all the best

JAcques

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance