Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

utopia
Senior Contributor

Election results depression

Anyone else feeling depressed over the election results? 

I just want our Government to have compassion for people.  And to put funding into looking after the most vulnerable. 

If I could cry,  I would. 

18 REPLIES 18
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Election results depression

How hard is it to get a job in NZ?

I was heart broken. I wanted security and acceptance and feel now there is no hope. All I hear is people putting me down as a carer or judging me as though I am some bludger and they get the voices heard. Over the past few years all my services have been eroded and now what is the point thinking about the future. More good times for the high end of society with those on the bottom to suffer

@utopia @GeminiLion @Former-Member  I wanted no more live trade for these poor animals but people just don't care .....:(

I felt so, so sad last night and had horrible dreams when I finally stopped watching the tv and went to bed 🙁

I came here knowing there would be others who understood how it might feel and am glad I did.

Hugs to all who are feeling it too.

@utopia feeling the same. Teary this morning because this affects so many and as you say, the most vulnerable could do with more compassion. What has happened makes for a harsher society.

As Billy Bragg says:

I kept the faith and I kept voting 
Not for the iron fist but for the helping hand 
For theirs is a land with a wall around it 
And mine is a faith in my fellow man.

With you too @CheerBear @greenpea @GeminiLion @Former-Member 

I feel the world turn into an angry red neck society. I was wanting to heard again and given a chance at life. Not be punished because I am at the bottom of the pit. Even if I was not on some form of welfare (for me carer), and I was working, I want rights and be treated with dignity. The rich get richer and the poor gets poorer with the gap getting further pushed in different directions. It has been tough the last (mostly of the) 8 years and it will continue. 😕

Me too with all the above. I’m just hoping that Kerryn Phelps gets across the line so there is another voice of reason in parliament. More than anything I think I just feel angry that scare campaigns worked more than putting real policy out there. 

🤬🤬🤬

yes @utopia I'm very disappointed in the results, it's so terrible for the environment & the natural world which I'm most passionate about Smiley Sad

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance