Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Feeling really flat

The punishment continues... now the Mrs just wants to go around hurting my feelings all day. I can’t see how someone can say I love you but I hate you in the same breath. I wanted to go out so I don’t have to listen to it, but she’ll throw a fit if I do. So I’m holed up in the bedroom crying yet again. I have nowhere to go even if I did leave for a while. I have no money and no friends anywhere near me.

Hey @Queenie hearing you, and want you to know that we're all here to listen and support you on the forums. You are resilient, and super strong - this will pass. You're allowed to cry, allow this moment for yourself Heart

I showed my Mrs a red card meaning things are not going well. She ignored it. That makes me feel like I deserve not to be loved. I got through the afternoon with some maladaptive coping behaviours that I cannot discuss here but I’m hurting. First it was my dream of social work which was stripped from me, now this. It’s just too much! I don’t have much to offer except my brain (I was under this delusion that I was intelligent), now it appears my brain is where the problem lies. 

This afternoon I wasn’t safe in myself. I guess now I’ve taken a teeny step back from the abyss. I just am numb. I’m crying but I think it is more about the embarrassment of being found out in reality I’m just an unintelligent charlatan. 

Hi @Queenie  I am Whitehawk, moderating this evening. I am sorry to learn that you are hurting at the moment and that you were not safe in yourself this afternoon. It sounds like a very tough patch you have been going through today. A teeny step back from the abyss sounds like a very important step for you, so well done,  I am sure you have the strength and courage to take further steps to safety.  And the intelligence too. please reach out to SANE if you need our support.

Whitehawk

im abit short on words @Queenie but im hearing you and hearing how hard things are right now. please take care and keep reaching out for your supports which includes here as well.

@Queenie take care my friend

We each need to take inventory at times, even when it's hard. I am doing the same atm. Hearing you

I pretended I was asleep yesterday and overheard my Mrs and my MIL talking really rudely behind my back. My MIL already gets over half my pension each fortnight and now she wants $100 more. To do this, she wants me to cancel my health insurance (which means no more hospital or psychiatrist). She also wants me to be the first one awake and last one asleep because I snore. I’m heartbroken. I heard everything the two of them said. They thought I was asleep but I wasn’t. It’s all because I’m exhausted during the day for two reasons 1) my medication sedates me and 2) the cat keeps me awake at night (remember the MIL refused to allow us to shut our bedroom door so the cat can come in). I want to move out but every time I’ve mentioned it, the MIL throws a tantrum and threatens to harm herself. I feel stuck! Help!

Hi @Queenie 

I am sorry you heard all that and you have to go through this.

I'm not sure what help I can be but wanted to know that I am listening.

My thoughts are with you

SnowieHeart

hey @Queenie that is really rough and im sorry you heard that. im dissapointed in whats happening for you and the treatment your getting. im not to sure what might help but here for you anyway.

maybe @CheerBear @Teej @eth @Appleblossom @Former-Member may have some ideas

Sending warm wishes @Queenie  Hearing you and feeling for you.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance