Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Goldfish
New Contributor

New member.

Hi everyone. I have just joined 2 days ago. I have anxiety/depression for 21 years but have just been diagnosed with bipolar this year. I have always felt like I was different to everyone else but did not know why until recently. I hope I can be a productive member of your group.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: New member.

Hi @Goldfish
Pleased to meet you. 🙂
Hope we all get to know each other, and you can make some new friends.
Tomorrow afternoon we hold Friday Feast, so if you're "around", come and join us for a fun catch-up.

Hi and welcome @Goldfish,

There are many of us on the forum who have felt different for a long time. Like you I was treated for anxiety and depression for about 18 years and then diagnosed with bipolar in 2008. It has helped me and those around me to be given different treatment related to the new diagnosis. I hope the best for you with this and look forward to seeing more of you.

Hi @Goldfish

Many say it's a relief when they are diagnosed - is this something you can relate to?

Welcome 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance