Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Atlantis
Casual Contributor

Schizophrenic psychosis trauma

Has anyone got ptsd from psychotic episodes the have gone through with there mentally ill child?
I have had to endure and witness horrific scenes. I wont share as i dont want to trigger anyone but i can share if anyone wants.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Schizophrenic psychosis trauma

Hello @Atlantis 

Yes I think a few carers would say they had ptsd symptoms from caring.  You are right, sometimes it is good to share and sometimes it is too much.  The keys for me to survive are 

Self care and 

Setting Boundaries

Smiley Happy

Feel free to drop in to the hot chocolate thread and meet other forumites.

@Atlantis Hi Atlantis and yes I am currently being treated for ptsd amonst other things by my psychiatrist because yes jues writing this is triggering me.

My youngest daughter is also affected by what she has experienced with my son's mi. You are not alone.

@Appleblossom Hi Appleblossom always great to see you around 🙂

I am recently experienced my 18 year old daughter have a psychotic episode with 11 ECT treatments.  I have PTSD from this experience as I also witnessed her biological father have a similar episode 28 years ago and again when I left him 7 years ago.  The experience terriorised me.  I am trying to put my mind back together but can over react to things I would normally be able to rationize. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance