Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

GeminiLion
Senior Contributor

Social Media Isolation Lockdown

I think I will begin social media isolation lockdown from tomorrow. My anxiety increasing and Im getting angry. Tired of getting a range of comments or opinions. I thought it was bad enough a week ago with $750 stimulus announcememt. Now tgefe are nasties about the welfare increase and including super plan. Then you get people claiming its all fake news etc. Our even some saying that a future should only be available to employees and those who can afford it etc. I cannot navigate it anymore. Hence I am going to isolate myself from social media from tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I did up a 3 phase plan for dad and I. Got mix reaction online. I should not have shown anyone. 

Its off my chest now.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Social Media Isolation Lockdown

@GeminiLion 

I think it's a very reasonable thing, to have a break from social media at this time. With all the misinformation being spread, and even when the information is correct it's often sad and distressing. It would effect even the healthiest person's mental health, let alone people already struggling.

You're making the right choice! And don't worry about what others have to say about any choice you choose to make. Do what's best for your dad and yourself. Only you two would know what that is, so ignore people being ridiculous.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance