Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: not feeling good

I'm here atm @BlueBay  but it's busy Friday - 

What's happening? Has something happened to trigger your anxiety?

I'm concerned - you have this huge fear of panic - has it happened yet or are you afraid of starting to panic

Remember what I have said before - the only thing you really have to do and keep doing it breathe - so take some deep breaths and let the air out gently - there is no point in getting het up about things you can't change so put that on your list of stuff that's a bother

Or is it the ex-partner? - the pest - that is something you have to do something about - or your daughter does

Take it easy - I have about half an hour before I need to stop what I am doing here

Dec

Ok @Owlunar I'll slow down and breathe. 
I'm in a heightened panic state. I need to go fir a walk. I've decided just niw I have to vacuum the house. That may htlp. 
I don't know where this fear snd panic is coming from. 
I think I'll be ok. My body is shaking. Need to slow down. 

Well done @BlueBay 

Slow down and breathe first - and then take the walk and get out in the fresh air for a while - then vacuum - then vacuum - that's how I would do it - for sure the vacuuming can wait until last - do the pleasant things first

You have a lot on your mind right now - don't try and make any decisions until later - I am sure you are rattled about the pest - which is what I am calling the ex-partner now - he is being a pest and only thinking about himself and not the wider issues. There's nothing you can do right now but plan a chat with your daughter about seeing Legal Aid - she sounds like a sensible young woman - 

Write down what's obvious to you right now and also the things you feel you need to discuss with your daughter about the pest - yes - that is something that would bother me a great deal

But just ease up on yourself - everyone is bothered right now - the unexpected is always unexpected - there are things you can let go today but I am sure the pest is something really bothering you

Go gently - take it easy - breathe first then get the fresh air and exercise and then start a list or work on the one you have already started

All the best - I hope to be able to catch up later - I will certainly be looking at my phone if I get the chance

Dec

Hi @Owlunar 

I'm ok. I have another headache though. Went for a walk. Vac the house and did some craft things with A. 
I'm going to see my chiro reg headaches. He's really good and it helps a lot. 
Hiw was your day? 

I'm glad you're seeing your chiro about your headache @BlueBay 

If that helps then go for it - this headache seems to have been around for some time - and whatever is causing it - then some manipulation could help

But then - if it is stress related this can help too - relaxing the muscles etc - it used to help me when I was seeing a chiro 

And muscle tension is normal but tiring - you do sound better this afternoon

Keep going - keep breathing

I was busy this morning and saw my doctor this after - the clinic is very quiet atm - I had to go to the clinic though - I needed more than just scripts or a phonecall - as in having an injection

It's been a lovely day today but the weather is getting ready to change

Alll the best - I get it that the weekend is upon us and the family will be around

Dec

hi @Owlunar @Maggie @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope @MDT @utopia @Zoe7 @Molliex @Angels333 and ithers reafing 

I'm angry with pest (daughters ex) 

he phoned just now and wants little A to go there tomorrow and meet his new friend (girlfriend). Not even a month and he says it's a serious relationship. Really!!! 
I wanted little A to not go but I csnt say much. It's up to my daughter. But omg the things he was saying to my daughter is crap. He's so full of himself. 
grrr I'm angry. 
no wonder I'm stressed. I'm emotional tonight. My headache has gone for now. Saw my chiro I had a very tight neck and upper back. 

Why can't people just split up with no hate or anger. It's always the kids that are stuck in the middle. 
littke A is going to be so confused tomorrow when she meets her. 
snd then you know Whst will happen. Little A will have a tantrum or night terror. I hope not. But it happened last time she went. 
I feel like I'm never going to get a break. I'll worry all the time. And I know when you have kids you worry but I feel that it's been stressful for me for a while. 
@Faith-and-Hope  I can empathise with you and your kids. It's a very stressful time for you. ❤️

@BlueBay, my sister , it is hard my darling 

my Step S3 ex partner still calls me mum and her 3 children still calls me nana 

it is hard Heart

Hi guys 
feeling overwhelmed 

feelibg like suffocating 

too many people inside 

raining nowhere to go

if I have to do this for 6 months or more I will go crazy

all of winter inside 

I can't handle this 

this is a bad time for everyone 

I don't know how to stay positive anymore 

@Shaz51 @Owlunar @Maggie @Faith-and-Hope @MDT 

Sending you hugs @BlueBay. Our house feels very small too.

It really is a tough time for many and it's hard to stay positive when you feel overwhelmed and stuck.

Hearing you

Hi @BlueBay 

I'm really glad you have jumped on the forum to express how you're feeling, there will be so many people who can relate to that feeling of overwhelm and suffocation from being forced to stay inside. You're doing a great job though and being very considerate to the wider community by staying home despite feeling quite stressed about your living situation. 

You are still allowed to go for a walk/exercise in your neighbourhood, and even if its raining an umbrella will make it much more pleasant. Do you have a space inside your house where you can have some solitude? 

You don't have to go through this alone, remember there are helplines such as life line and beyond blue who can support you further during this time 

Lifeline - 13 11 14 

Beyond Blue - 1300 22 4636

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance