Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Cheers tabs @TAB Yeaj slept horrible last night. Up for hours.

Thinking mya need to change role

But for job - atm I need to calm the hell down

Tell myself it'll be okay. Change my attitude to the situation and such

Have a good day forumites
Former-Member
Not applicable

Good morning 🌄 @SmilingGecko. My apologies for not getting back to you yesterday. 

Good stuff on going for a walk. All we can do is try. Hope it didn't exhaust you too much. Slow and steady is the only way for some of us 

I had a day off yesterday, went to a friend's, had a sleep over and watched trashy movies and tv. I felt like I needed it. Feeling much better for it today 

Have a great day today @SmilingGecko.

Hello @Former-Member sometimes we just need to zone out!  Glad you enjoyed relaxing with your friend in front of the TV.  

I watched the rest of Magda's series. I thought it was beautifully produced.  I am now going to be consistent taking my probiotic as the med we're on causes microflora imbalance. I realise this can also account for ill-health.  

I have been "earthing" (grounding) lately and its boosted my energy considerably so I am now consistent with daily walks. Prior to that I had no energy.  It also excellerates weightloss going by the studies.  I used to earth myself years ago and there were no studies done on it. Back at that time my weight plummeted (!) however I thought it was due to my qigong class, but I think it was earthing. It stops cortisol production and significantly increases metabolism. Just by earthing 30 minutes a day you can lose a pound a week according to US studies

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1550830719305476

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaBQY4tfpoo

Whats happening @MDT? So sorry you are having to bear all this burden. Every time i read these posts I know just how hard youre trying to keep on going with your job.  I know its taking its toll on you but you keep persisting despite the stress and worry...

Good morning and good afternoon @MDT @SmilingGecko @Former-Member @TAB @StuF @greenpea @maddison @EternalFlower @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Snowie @Jake63 @Captain24 @Meowmy @Basil @FloatingFeather @TuxedoCat @tyme @hanami @Sunshineandsea @amber22 @Historylover @Clawde @Emelia8 @Jynx @Peregrinefalcon @NatureLover @wellwellwellnez @Kelly8 and all forumites here today. Happy Monday!

@greenpea As for Dan Andrews outfits in navy blue, I’ll be honest and say I didn’t really notice it really. What I do recall is his precious North Face jacket during the height of the pandemic and endless lockdowns with his daily press conferences that he used to have with there being a joke around what it meant if he wore that jacket at certain times- something like lockdowns continuing past their time to end if I recall correctly. There was also a joke around him and a certain alcohol store as he said something about getting on the beers again which got brought up after he won the election on Saturday night. Talk about promoting alcoholism! It’ll be interesting to see what he does now he’s back in power for the next 4 years, especially with all the mental health jobs he mentioned earlier on in the year after the mental health royal commission findings came down and how he’s going to fix our public hospital system. Again, actions speak louder than words so it’s a case of wait and see what happens down here in Victoria. 

@MDT I read that you’ve been having some trouble at work in some way. That’s not great to hear. I really thought you liked the job - in mental health? I hope it improves for you soon!

As for me, I’ve barely had 3 -4 hours sleep overnight with me finally agreeing to stay awake at 6:15 due to struggling with sleep. I was awake at 2:15 starting a new crochet granny square cardigan that I decided to do as it was messing with my brain and refused to shut down. Crochet items are now back in fashion but I refuse to pay for clothing when I can attempt to create it myself using my yarn supplies here at home. I’ve done 2 squares of 21cm wide and the cardigan will take at least 40 so I’ve got some work to do. I’m hoping to have it done by Christmas as a Christmas present for myself, along with working on my knitted blanket for my housemate which I’m also doing. At least my crocheting is helping to keep me calm as I’m meant to have an appointment with the community based psychiatrist today at the health centre but I’m not driving as I’m too tired so I’ll just wait and see if they call me at my appointment time, especially if my case manager remembers of course, which is unlikely knowing her. Besides, my GP doesn’t want me going out too much because of the COVID-19 wave that is happening here in Melbourne and says going to the health centre for 10 minutes is too much of a risk and they should be doing Telehealth for it instead. Again, I’ll wait and see what eventuates!

Take care and stay safe!

Judi9877☺️💐🧶

Hope you find a solution @MDT  I didnt get to sleep til 4am so am wasted plus waste of today now guess

Hello @Judi9877 & everyone. Thankyou for the tag. I hope you can get a good rest tonight. - I know you have trouble during day.

I didn't know about the covid wave in Melbourne. Thanks for the tip. I stopped wearing my mask for a while. I will put it back on again!

Yes, I can recall dan Andrews North face jacket & the jokes of he was dressed casually or not & what lockdown would proceed! What a time we've lived through - I never would have anticipated!

Hope you are ok today. Xx

Cheers SG
@SmilingGecko
Day done. It was hard. Spoke to folks in middle of day. They are in qld. They help me a lot.

Hey @Judi9877 thanks for your shout out and support. Nah I'm not in mental health but I am in a different area where I'm exposed to traumatic things. I'm learning to disassociate.

I do hope you're well. I see you post here a lot but I never get a chance to read everyone's post
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance