Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Good Morning!

Oh no BB, hospital, hope you get the help you need there, Pain med can mess with ya head. Go easy. Shoulder pain hurts, have bursitis in my art, it’s hard. Get some rest in there. 🌸💕

@Former-Member  you would get on great with my eldest niece.  She is 15 and has been learning the piano and drums since grade 7 and loves her music. Singing out of the queston though lol.  She has become a MASSIVE INXS fan as her mum (my sister) would play their music heaps in the car.  She knows more about the band than I do and I was a teenager in the 80's lol.  

My diverse interests come from both genders I guess.  My father was into sport and so my love for watching sport, and tapestry well I was given one as a birthday present when I was kid from mum and loved it.  And she loves jigsaw puzzles and my pop and I loved doing crosswords puzzles together when he was alive, sitting on his deck having a tomatoe sandwich and a cuppa!!!  Great memories.

I know what you mean about the creativity failing when it comes to writing.  When the depression hits hard there is nothing creative happening in the old grey matter...and it becomes extremely frustrating.  But I do enjoy putting pen to paper when I can.

I do not envy you looking for a place to rent.  The prices of rentals has gone up dramatically and most of them you would not put an animal in them.  It is disgusting.  I have been renting my place for 9 1/2 years now.  My rent goes up every year.  I am dreading when I either get told to move or the rent is far too much for me to pay as I will NOT be able to find another place in my price range.  The only thing that I will be able to afford would be a bed sit which does not appeal to me and they are not common anyway.  I keep an eye on prices and availablity of places on a regular basis and it gets worse everytime.  And that does not help my moods at times either, as I stress about being in that situation in the future.

Looking for a place and moving are so stressful and when you are not feeling your best it becomes worse.  I do hope you find something very soon and get settled.    Do you have a dog now or are you hoping to get one when you move.  

Your parents away on holiday at the moment are they as you are house sitting for them.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh so many questions @Scarecrow
My parents are elderly, dad has dementia and recently went into in a nursing home 😞 when mum died from cancer in Jan, I moved in to help and now I’m house sitting until the place is sold for his new room (big bond).
🐶’Georgia’ was mum’s, such a beautiful nature I adopted her 🙂

I am so sorry about your parents @Former-Member.  Not a nice situation to be in at all.

I send all my best wishes to you.   xxxxxxxx

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks Scarecrowe, we all have our cross to bare. Things could be worse. Went saw dad today and had lunch in the nicest Park, with dog. Really do have to work at creating / planning / squeezing in pleasant experiences, to balance out the rest.
Gotta go get ready for a 12 Step meeting tonight, first time - should be interesting.
Take care 🌸💕
Former-Member
Not applicable

96701EB5-E99F-422A-AAFF-EFDC570E02B5.gif

this one’s for @Zoe7 🦋

GOOD NIGHT ALL

PLEASANT DREAMS 🌙☁️ 

Former-Member
Not applicable

1D0B3D02-8703-4A21-9812-D6E0E1861690.gif

HELLO FORUMITES,

HAVE-A-😀-DAY

Take a walk

take a hike

throw a ball

ride a bike

see the good

hold it fast

hand to task

make it last

Former-Member
Not applicable

Nice to see you @Appleblossom...

and @TAB and everyone passing by

WELCOME ALL 

whatchadoing  today? 

I have a

- podiatrist apt for dad

- bible study gp today

- pack for tomorrow trip

Morning @Former-Member 🙂

Thank you for the image last night @Former-Member - butterflies are beautiful in any form - love them Hon Heart

Goodmorning to everyone else here also - hope there is a little light in everyone's day today Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance