Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

@Anna88
My Mr D would have loved to have done a PhD. He was going to do a masters but got really unwell and is still recovering.

@Former-Member I have a broody chook at the moment!! I chuck her off the nest every day to eat and drink and scratch around. Only problem is that the other chooks don't seem to want to lay -we've gone from about 6 a day to 3 a day egg production, which is really okay as we don't eat them all anyway

Oh dear @Former-Member ..... poor Mrs Brown chook ...... !

Former-Member
Not applicable

@YTT we have a second hen sitting on a clutch of eggs, shouldn't be too long if they are going to hatch. We already have 9 little ones so will see what happens (don't want to count the chickens before they hatch).

Noticed the chook talk had finished and the subject had moved on to academic matters.

A very late happy birthday @Anna88

@Former-Member oh that's no good

@Former-Member thank you 😊

@Former-Member I once bought fertile eggs for a broody chook. She did amazingly even with the brown snake in the coop and the fire brigade trying to catch it eeekkkk.

My last lot were sexed day olds and they lived in our house until ready to go outside - okay until my husband was ready to let them outside, he is an animal lover. I was well ready for them to poop outside rather than in our house!!!

😆 @YTT ......
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hoping we don't see any Joe Blake's around @YTT Mother hen and chicks all sleep out in the run and the broody hen is sitting is in the corner of a large cold compost heap also out in the run with self sown potatoes in it which I am hoping will provide adequate protection for any young ones. Hoping they will venture into the barn before the rains come.

Time for some beauty sleep (need all I can get)

download (1).jpeg

Good morning everyone, with the heat in the East Coast today there will be a lot of cold coffee drunk today. I'm not into coffee and I have my 1L water bottle next to me this morning.

I just need motivation to get up and start house work and get into the spare room and clean it out - currently has my sons school work, his idea of cleaning up doesn't match mine!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance