Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

You have such a lot on your plate @Faith-and-Hope, carer fatigue constantly hovers, very hard to keep it at bay.

When visiting Melbourne I loved going to the Queen Victoria Markets, food section, we went on the tour there ages ago which we enjoyed. I really enjoyed the Vietnamese shops along Victoria St, Richmond too, the Asian veg there heaps cheaper.

Going exploring is part of the meandering @Former-Member. Sitting in a different cafe this morning that has a lot more of my type of atmosphere than where I have been frequenting. This one is like a country pub in an old building.

I will get to the Victoria Markets sometimes, probably when D1 comes to visit.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Café sounds lovely @Faith-and-Hope, perhaps has the potential to be a regular spot?

I think so @Former-Member ..... 💕
Former-Member
Not applicable

I feel an entry in the gratitude book might just be a possibility @Faith-and-Hope ...

And a sketch @Former-Member ...... 🤗💕
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @merri
Come and meet some other carers @Faith-and-Hope @Determined @Shaz51 @Smc @Catcakes @Former-Member @Anna88

Hi everyone 🙂 

I'm back from our holiday in Vietnam 🙂 

We had a great time. My son became violently ill the night before we had to fly to Hoi An, lucky the pharmacist  had some great medication to help him be able to keep food down and off the toilet. He slept the whole next day and night.

My daughter (with MI) did really well, so much better than expected. She vomited twice due to anxiety but held it together - just. She didn't really like the holiday as much and seemed to survive on soft drink because she didn't like the food. The traffic was bad which she found really hard to deal with, one time she panicked and didn't keep up with us so went back to the footpath, then without warning just ran full bolt in a panic without looking at the traffic, she so nearly got run over 😞  the drivers are so good about people walking out in front of them but are not used to people running fast out of no where...

My mum came (we met her over there as she lives on the other side of Australia) got sick (not as bad as my son) as well but bounced back very quickly . I remained unscathed 🙂 

Hope everyone is well - I haven't gone back to read as it been about 11 days so a lot of chatter to read. 

Now I have to deal with my daughter who will be going into year 10 on Monday, she is extremely anxious about it.

Happy weekend people, mine will be filled with washing lol the joys of coming home from holiday 🙂 

Hi @merri and welcome to the forums ..... 👋💕

So glad the holiday was good for you all @YTT ..... 🤗👍💕
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance