Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

Hi @YTT, welcome back!

I know in China crossing a road seemed to mostly involve stepping out and doing a kind of stop-start thing, waiting to see if each lane of traffic was going to give you right of way or not. Sort of like Live Frogger. Glad they were alert to your daughter. That would have been a hair raising moment. 

@Former-Member, I do a lot of shopping for Chinese groceries anytime we're near Box Hill. I lived there for a while, about 30 years ago, which was right at that interesting time when the demographics were moving from middle class white Aussie to Asian-Aussie. I'd always enjoyed Chinese food, but got quite an eye opener to a broader picture of both their food and their culture during that time. Which of course has now been extended even further by both my trips to China, and friends among the Chinese people that have moved into our district. And our nearest rural city is starting to catch up with the needs of the Chinese population too. Our fruit and veg shop there now stocks a range of Chinese groceries, veggies and frozen goods. So I can buy bulk spices, specialty noodles, frozen lotus root and White Rabbit lollies without having to make a trip all the way to Melbourne. Yay! Smiley Very Happy

Anyone want a virtual sample of a White Rabbit? They're milk flavoured chewy lollies. 

white rabbit.jpg

glad the holiday was good for you all @YTT, welcome back xx

@Smc, I thought the picture was of those chesse sticks you can buy xx

Hello @merri, @Faith-and-Hope, @Former-Member, @Determined, @Anna88

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Shaz51

hello @Former-Member, how is your saurday going my friend Woman Happy

@Former-Member  Smiley LOL

hello @YTT Smiley Very Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

Went to the movies @Shaz51 saw 'Darkest Hour' a film about Winston Churchill. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Any R &R at your end Shazzle Dazzle?

today we did one mowing job , visit MIL for morning tea , went food shopping for my mum and us , done a load of washing , now cooking dinner @Former-Member and Mr shaz`s birthday tomorrow

Former-Member
Not applicable

Any birthday plans for Mr Shaz @Shaz51
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance