Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Jake63
Senior Contributor

I am doing well!

Hi everyone, 

Just wanted to connect with you all. Things are going well for me today. I have had a very busy day and I took care of some groceries this morning first thing. I got some milk this morning. Lately I have been buying my milk from 7/11 because the 7/11 is very close to my home. 

Last night I heard from my lovely friend Matthew. Unfortunately my dear friend has fallen under the weather with covid. However last I spoke to Matthew he was making a strong recovery and his brother had come down to check on him and give him a bit of a hand. 

One of the main reasons why I am so happy and so proud of myself is because I have been doing very well in achieving my weight lifting goals. I have two 7 kilogram dumbbells. I have a long way to go to improve my physical strength but I am very confident that I will improve my physical strength. 

I am sending you all lots of love and looking forward to hearing from you all. How are things going with you all?

@hanami @Judi9877   

8 REPLIES 8

Re: I am doing well!

Hi @Jake63 and thanks for the tag in your discussion thread. I’m so glad you’re going well and you’ve achieved a lot, especially with your physical goals in weight lifting. Well done️! 

As for me, I’m travelling along in life okay with me continuing to work on my knitting and crochet of blankets for both my housemate and a local charity and starting a new mental health course last week online. As I’ve got a few credits of some subjects, I’m only required to attend certain classes over the next 12 months with one of those being tomorrow for about an hour and then 2 classes til the 15/12 before Christmas break. I’m feeling a little nervous to be honest as this mental health course has taken me forever to complete due to falling sick with my mental illnesses over the past but I just want to complete it so I can get employment in the end on a part time basis. I’ve also had some mental health flashbacks to deal with as well which hasn’t been much fun either.

Take care!

Judi9877🌻

I always love hearing that you are keeping up on the blanket. It sounds like a lovely project to occupy yourself with. My project is my novel and various other writing projects (my blog for example and my journal).

I am sending you very warm wishes for the course, the course sounds amazing. I am wishing you every success with the course; you've got it!

Lovin' the "gym-bro" energy @Jake63 .

Also loving the "crochet-boss" vibes @Judi9877 .

Hi there @Jake63 

It's so great to read your post first thing on my Friday morning! You've reminded me I need to get back into my weights. I do a lot of cardio exercise but neglect strength. I go through phases when I do get into it each day then get a bit slack again. It's important to me to do it as I have pretty weak upper body strength. Good on you for achieving your goals. 

Do you have any nice plans for the weekend? I'm not sure what I'm up to yet. I'm just happy that the awful winds we had at the start of the week have gone. My allergies were flared up and causing me to get headaches. Wind gone and headaches gone!

Wishing you and everyone around a wonderful day @wellwellwellnez @Judi9877 💕

@Judi9877 it's so great you're staring a new course. You've probably mentioned that elsewhere on another post but I have missed it, so forgive me. 

Great that you have some credits too!

Hope you have a happy day ahead!

Hanami

Thanks for your good vibes @Jake63 ,

I'm sorry to hear your friend isn't so well with COVID. 

On the other hand, I appreciate your energy and enthusiasm on these forums 🙂

It's great to read your posts. Look forward to seeing you around.

Hey!

Thank you. Yes, my weight lifting is getting better. I am trying to work out how to track my personal bests. I want to see if I can track and monitor improvements!

Hi @Jake63 

Sounds like you had a really good day. 

For me today, I have watched 2 movies, washed the sheets, talked on the phone to my brother, ate lunch and did yoga, meditation and had a short walk to the beach.

Shortly my daughter will get home and I will take her to swimming lessons and have dinner after before watching home and away (its the final episode for the year I think!)

Hope you are well. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance