Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Faz108
New Contributor

Mother living with BPD

I need your advice and support. My beautiful, empathic and charasmatic son wa initially diagnosed with Anxiety and Depression. He has been able to maintain his emeotions until recently. His has been unofficially diagnosed by skilled professionals as having BPD traits. In the past month. my son'd behaviour has esculated to include violence to property, unexplained rage towards us as his parent s and his siblings, stealing and an unxplained loyalty to new friends who are not from his long term friend ship groups... troubled kids who support a seperation from his stable and loving - but quite frankly over protective family ( 3 years trying to keep him engaged, not self harming and alive). We have not shared the possible diagnosis, struggle to deal with his rage and abborant behavior but love him unconditionally. His girlfriend is abusive and anyi family... how do we endure, show our love and how much do we disclose to our 18 year old who has not been abondened, neglected or abused?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Mother living with BPD

Hi @Faz108

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for sharing your story.

That is a huge load you are carrying. I hope you are finding time for yourself, taking time out and looking after your self care. One of the things you can control is doing things that help you to cope and looking after yourself as best you can. 

I hope that you will find the forums to be a supportive place for exploring all these issues. Just a tip, if you are replying to someone or wanting to notify or touch base with someone, place an @ before their username, as in @Faz108

All the best

Joe The Lion

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance