Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

I have found it really quite easy to keep things to myself at work as they are all so supportive. Some know I have been off work for some time but rsther than asking any serious questions about why they have simply asked how I am going now - that is such a nice change - people caring and not needing to know any background - that is the way it should be and I am very fortunate to have that. A couple of people know I do a mental health course (DBT) and the response has been how great it is that I am looking after that side of my health. It really is a super supportive environment. Even the day I was really unwell with a headache multiple people tokd me to go home and I actually felt the care and that I would not be looked st any differently if I did go home - so I did. They really do lpace the emphasis on people first and work is secondary - so different to where I have been before.

I totally understand your fears about going out at night - especially under the current circumstances with boofhead being there. It is a shame you miss out on that social interaction but I very much understand that it is not something you felt at all comfortable doing. It seems like the other ladies were very lovely and did not think any differently of you - that is definitely a lovely group to be part of too.

I do hope you get the right sized baskets today. It is a bugger the ones you got don't fit but you have your sw to help you today (and the right measurements) so fingers crossed for you that you find some quickly. Goodluck with the gardening too.

I have planned to finally cut Toby's hair and then do housework - procrastinating a bit this morning but there really is no rush - just take it one step at a time and it will all eventually get done.

@eth  Hey eth and good morning 🙂 boofhead really sounds like he has to go. Why doesn't he go back to Perth with his girlfriend? Why is he living with you all? He is just trouble and yes keep the dog away from him because he will hurt it out of spite to get at you.

I am glad that your favourite support worker will be there with you today. That is a wonderful relief. Enjoy your day and try and forget about boofhead. Love greenpea xxx

Hi and thank @greenpea .  He's here because his sister and mother bailed him out, did an intervention, got him as far as 3 days detox, he refused to go to proper longer term rehab.  This was all after he got done for high range dui, lost his licence, and couldn't get to work from where he was living.  And had lost his partner and had to sell the house to sort that out and his debts.  Which hasn't sold yet.  So after everything they've done and are still doing to support him, he is drinking again.   I'm sure the family will make him leave once they get back but didn't want to for some reason before they went.  Things only came to a head 3 days before they left.   I could write more but need to get ready for sw visit.  Short story - he's Trouble with a capital T.  Acts like an 8 year old a lot of the time, but at the same time overcompensates by dominating all around him (or tries to).  I fear how far he might push it to get a reaction while they are away.  Just don't trust him one iota.  

Hope your day is going smoothly and you hear the results of the meeting in detail soon.

Love, xxx

@eth  stay safe eth xxx

Hi all, I can see @greenpea @eth are active in here today 👋. Eth - that sounds really difficult around this person that's living there but it sounds like you are doing well to keep yourself in a space that feels comfortable and with your support worker coming over to get out in the garden - that sounds like a great idea too. 

I am just coming by to chat to everyone here (I really don't mean to interupt for too long!). Some of you may have seen a community discussion that happened a while back here looking at longer threads andthe most suited area of the forum for them. The SANE Community came to the conclusion that when threads evolve into something beyond the original reason for the post, its fair to review where they ‘live’and in this case this thread is most suited to the ‘Our Stories’ area.

While this thread started off well suited for this area, it is now a bit more suited for the area of 'Our Stories' as it’s an ongoing discussion about life experiences. This will just help new members navigating through forum threads as well.

We’d like to start this process with your input and decide together when moderators will move the conversation over to ‘Our stories’. Any one who has this bookmarked or clicks a link in an email that references its original location will be automatically redirected to the new location. It will still be easily seen and accessible though. Let us know 🧡

Navigating social groups is always difficult, IMHO ..lol

@eth Sorry about boofhead, but you have a fair amount of support around you from week to week.  Take Care of you and dog and if sil needs to hear about it ... so be it.  I think I had to put with that stuff all the time growing up, and thought it was more normal than it actually is.  I made me be very introverted as I shrunk away from those types whether they were or male or female.  On the other hand, I had aspects of language use that may have signalled to others that I condoned those types ...

Bloomin social navigation has been a minefield for me ...

One of the jobs my dad had in navy was minesweeping the Coral Sea ... apparently it was a hypervigilant time ...according to a guy from Legacy ..

@greenpea You are always up at unnatural hours .... howl .... 

I was never like that ... not

Smiley Happy

@Zoe7   It gives hope that there are pockets of good cultures of good people.

Hugs All

Heart

@Appleblossom  yes the pea is actually a creature of the night :Pxxxx

Hi and good morning everyone @Mazarita  (miss you terribly ....) @Appleblossom @Lauz @eth @Zoe7 @CheerBear @BryanaCamp @Exoplanet @Shaz51 @Adge @Appleblossom  and all who pass by :). Well I am up with the werewolves and vampires again .... this is now heading to be the norm but I enjoy it too .... and have sleeps throughout the day when son2 is at day care .... my mental health nurse is not impressed..... will go for my usual walk soon with neighbour but wont go tomorrow. Need a break and will try and sleep in wish me luck. Have a great day everyone. Love greenpea xxx

@Lauz   I'll still be on this thread no matter where it gets 'parked'.  I would like to say, though, that it is still frequently about difficulties people are  having and a great place to come for support and advice.  e.g. myself recently.

I would have joined the discussion you refer to and have read it just now, but I received no notification of it, despite being tagged by @Appleblossom  on Feb 28.  

Good morning all.  

@greenpea  wondering if you're still around?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance