Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

jay2
Senior Contributor

Changes

I havent gone away just yet.  Sitting on the bed in a motel room feeling cheesed off,  Drove 250 ks to the big city for shrink appointment tomorrow. Arranged a month ago, shrink rang me on my way down.She didnt realise she was seeing me,needs to change the time, ok did that.  Left me wondering how I was going to fill in 2hours tomorrow,not wanting to go into places where there were a lot of people because of the virus.   Adjusting to this setback, then her secretary rings "Do I have a new referral" No !.Shrink said last visit she. was writing to my GP she would take care of it..    Obviously no referral has turned up.   Already feeling anxious and stressed, want to punch some one in the nose or break down and cry.   Will keep myself together and not do either.   I hate these sort of happenings when I am not at fault.   Causes us type of people more stress and set backs.    Tomorrow I will be expected to accept their appologies.as if it is nothing.   There. I have let off steam,just have to get through the night, take what comes tomorrow and drive 250 ks home. Wish me luck.   jay2

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Changes

@jay2You are doing the right thing. 

It is a huge ask.

Maybe they can do telehealth next time??

Take Care

Apple

Smiley Happy

greenpea
Senior Contributor

@jay2  will be thinking of you jay2. Love peax

jay2
Senior Contributor

Hi Green pea and Appleblossom , Got home yesterday 5pm,feeling beyond tired,zonked. Had a cuppa went to bed. Today feeling just as tired, had a dental appointment at 9am.       Appointment with the shrink went well, I said I wasnt coming down again because of the virus.   Us lucky devils in the rural areas are pretty much free of it..  Now the city people are wanting to come to our area to holiday until it is over, bringing the virus with them.  Govt going to put a stop to it.  Am now going to have telemedicine appointments,which I am really glad of.    Think the law may put a stop to country people coming and going ,too big a risk now, especially if you are over 80 yrs.      Every thing is being taken away, no librarys, no movie theatres, no walking on the beach, security guards every where, shopping centers empty of essential goods. Staying home going nuts.      There is going to be a big, big toll on people who allready have mental issues. We will all have to rely on each other and every tiny breadcrumb that the govt, throws to us.    Stay strong and stay safe.  Regards    jay2

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance