Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // What online peer support looks like // Tues 16th July, 7pm-9pm AEST

Thanks goodness it's only 7pm at my end (here).

If it was 9pm here, I would be too tired & unable to participate (that's way too late at night for me).

Adge

Re: Topic Tuesday // What online peer support looks like // Tues 16th July, 7pm-9pm AEST

Thanks so much @nashy and everyone for a great discussion. So much in it ❤

I learned empathy to mean getting down alongside someone and walking along with them in their circumstances, even simply through the act of listening, and feeling for them, experiencing something of the feelings they are bearing ..... whether familiar or not .... being in the moment with them.

Sometimes, for many reasons, that’s not welcome from up close .... but that doesn’t mean feelings can’t carry across a bit of distance .... and here on the forums sometimes it’s in the Post / Support button form.

Sorry @nashy 

Thanks @nashy .

goodnight all

thanks all
was a good topic tuesday
i havent done one of these for ages

Nite nite @nashy  and all.  

@nashy  'congruence' is another word I really love - thankyou for mentioning it.

Thanks @nashy 

@Former-Member  I hope it’s okay to say this.

I feel what you said is as valid as anybody else’s comments.  We are not all built the same way, and there are others who feel like you do who are not here putting their comments forward tonight, but they have spoken out on the forums before.

It’s good to hear it.

There is room for everybody if we are open to it.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance