Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

LustStarrr
Senior Contributor

A new, lived experience, podcast series about mental health challenges that I love! (TRIGGERS: Suicidal thoughts)

(TRIGGER WARNING: This post, & the podcast it refers to, contain talk about suicidal thoughts, & other mental health challenges)

Hi everyone,

I had to let you all know about this amazing new podcast series which has just begun, that I've already fallen in love with 1 episode in!  Honor Eastly, who has released podcasts & written blogs about her lived experience of mental ill health in the past, has collaborated with ABC Listen to produce the No Feeling Is Final podcast series.  The intro & first episode were released yesterday, & there are more episodes to come - they will be released over a 2-week period. 

Her poignant account of her own mental health challenges, including voice-hearing, suicidal thoughts, panic attacks, & how she keeps going when things get tough are so eloquently stated, relatable, & authentic. . . & there's a hopefulness & warmth that makes her really endearing throughout it.  I can't wait to hear the rest, despite a few moments which hit pretty close to home & caused me to tear up.

I'm actually listening to it in the company of my partner & carer, who I've been trying to educate on suicidal thoughts recently, as they're one of the challenges I face, but I find difficult to annunciate. This podcast is proving effective at explaining things, then prompting us to continue the conversation further afterwards - just what we needed..  It's nice to have company around while I listen, too, to provide company & comfort - perhaps you have someone you'd be able to share it with?  Please remain mindful of your own triggers & emotions if you listen to this, & ensure you self-care if you don't feel good.

You can find the series (& all its episode, as they are uploaded) here: http://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/no-feeling-is-final/ , plus they're available through most conventional podcast apps, or the ABCListen app if you prefer.

I hope this helps some others as it has me.  Enjoy!

Cheers,

LustStarrr

2 REPLIES 2

Re: A new, lived experience, podcast series about mental health challenges that I love! (TRIGGERS: Suicidal thoughts)

Hi @LustStarrr,

Thanks so much for sharing this interesting and insightful podcast!

As you can see I have just moved your post into an area that people share all kinds of resources and helpful articles etc. I think your post will be well suited for this space and for others to come and find ☺️

Re: A new, lived experience, podcast series about mental health challenges that I love! (TRIGGERS: Suicidal thoughts)

@Lauz wrote:

Hi @LustStarrr,

Thanks so much for sharing this interesting and insightful podcast! 

Thanks @Lauz, it's such a relief to have my decision to share this reaffirmed - I'm ummed & ahhed about it for awhile before I decided to.  In the end, I decided it was too valuable not to share. . . so I'm glad you agree it's helpful.

As you can see I have just moved your post into an area that people share all kinds of resources and helpful articles etc. I think your post will be well suited for this space and for others to come and find ☺️

And thank you for putting it in the right spot, too.  I couldn't quite work out where it belonged, so I took a guess. . .  Smiley Embarassed

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance