Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

CherryBomb
Senior Contributor

Lets get ready for Topic Tuesday

We are so very pleased to announce the first of our Topic Tuesdays. This will take place on the 15th of July between 6 - 8pm. It's an opportunity for us to come together on the Forum and have a discussion among other community members with our guest speaker - a registered psychologist.

So now is a great time to start thinking about questions to prepare for the event!

Not sure what to ask

Perhaps there is something you've always wanted to ask a psychologist but have not had the opportunity to do it anonymously? 

Or may there's information about mental health that you've not been able to find?

Or maybe you're interested in what their role entails?

Can't make it: It'd be great if you could make it so you can direct your questions to our guest speaker and mingle with other members. However, if you can't make it and have question(s) please post them here and we will endeavour to get you answers. 

Hope to see you there! 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Lets get ready for Topic Tuesday

I should be there tomorrow night to ask this, but just in case I'm not -

I would like to know what to expect from a first session with a pyschologist.

Thanks

Turns out I won't be able to make it tonight, but I got a questions:

I understand that psychologists cannot prescribe medication, but apparently this may change. If this does change, what would be the difference between a psychologist and psychiatrist? 

Hi @Snoo

We asked your question tonight. You can check out the answer (& the rest of the discussion) here

@coffeegirl - it was great you could make it tonight! I hope you enjoyed it.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance