Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Lalaloo
New Contributor

Possible discrimination at work

Hi everyone, 

I only came across this website,  and looks to be amazing!

I have a dilemma that I need help with please. 

I have told my employer that I have depression, and I want to go off my medication under the doctors guidance. 

I brought this to my boss's attention a couple of months ago, and they have somewhat been okay.

I really want to be at home, I enjoy it, and I feel quite competent in my job that I cam comfortably work from home. A lot of people in my industry do work from home.

Since I have told my employer about this, I feel as though am getting up on every little thing. It's an industry where there are always changes, and in every job you make mistakes. It doesn't matter how long you have been there.

I just feel as though,  everything is getting brought to my attention, every little thing,and having meetings with my boss about stuff over little things. People that work in the business make millions of mistakes compared to me. I don't make many at all, but, I am worked to the ground.

I dont know how to approach this.

Any advice please,  can you help me.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Possible discrimination at work

@Lalaloo 

Hey... I know how you feel and it's not a great place to be in..

There are 2 issues here, and while work is important, your health is going to be the most important factor. 

Have you spoken to your doctor about this and do you feel like your workplace is affecting your depression?  The other side of the coin is, are you taking gratitude in learning from your mistakes? After all, we can't be perfect but we do learn and try not to make the same mistakes again.  Are these all new mistakes you are making? Can you go back and see strategies or progress you have made?

I would like to hear more if you want to expand a bit more.. It's a tough spot if you are not able to find growth in the experience. 

Re: Possible discrimination at work

This is another thing that makes me keep thinking about system approach vs people approach. It's talked about so much like its two different things but for most situations its usually both. Maybe some are people-systems while others are systems-people. Still, it's hard to have one factor without the other. This is why almost every political scientist ends up becomming an an anarcho-syndicalist, I suppose.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance