Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Re: Moderators on duty

Thanks for providing the link to this thread @Zoe7. I am looking at it and reading @NikNik's comments regarding calling the HC. I am trying very hard to see how these comments fit together with my experience on Thursday evening. I am not having any success. Smiley SadSmiley SadSmiley Sad

@suzanne @Rockpool @Lunar @Pebbles 

@eth I understand the concerns that were raised in regards to my suggestion at the time however in light of the current discussions then maybe it is a good time to revisit this. 

At the time of making this suggestion I did infact look at a few other sites to see how this was handled - in doing so I noticed several that listed members and moderators that were active in real time. They clearly indicated which members were logged on and also which moderators were on - this may also be something worth considering.

I know especially for me when it is the middle of the night and there seems to be no-one around - being able to see who is on would really help to know I am not alone.

I am still with you on that bewilderment @Phoenix_Rising - not only were you in seveer distress but other members were feeling it too.More than one of us asked for moderator help (as did you).  I do believe that that night is definitely one that 'slipped through the cracks' - that is how I am choosing to see it now as I will never be able to move on from it if I don't. It is my hope though that this will never happen again and that Thursday night will be a real eye-opener for everyone - and subsequently REAL procedures will be put into place so it does not happen again!

@Zoe7 I too am trying to frame Thursday evening's situation in a positive way. In my brain I am using slightly stronger language than "slipped through the cracks" but the sentiment is the same. I recognise that the damage is done. My brain is melted and I don't have any support beyond Forum Land for dealing with that. It is going to take a long time to unmelt the meltedness. So...given the harm this has done, I need to at least see that it is not in vain. Like you, I need to see a real meaningful response to this muddle.

@suzanne @Rockpool @Pebbles @Lunar

We need to have a  memo for all Moderators to say that they are here when they arrive and I think that is a good idea @Zoe7 about having the Moderator who comes on that their name goes up the top

I can imagine those words that are slightly stronger than waht I used @Phoenix_Rising Smiley LOL

I know that the effect it has had on you is eleventy billion times worse than it has been for me but seeing someone in such distress - and honestly fearing for their life - is not something I will get over quickly. Those of us around you that night could not have done any more than we did - and that is where my major issue (from my point of view) lies - several people asking for help with ONE member should immediately be a red flag that help is urgently needed. Nights like that have a profound effect on all involved - and can have longer lasting implications for members than just that one night.

So - yes - I also need to see a real meaningful response - and honestly even if it is someone openly saying "we messed up" that would be a great start - because we all 'mess up' at times (you and I seem to do it more than others lately though LOL)

@Zoe7 wrote:

and honestly even if it is someone openly saying "we messed up" that would be a great start

@Zoe7 I cannot begin to tell you how much I agree with this, and I'm super struggling with the fact that it is now almost 5:30pm a week on and that hasn't happened yet.

I am not sure that the fallout for me is eleventy billion times worse than it has been for you or others Zoe7. Perhaps it is different (or perhaps not), but I don't think we can measure worseness (how's THAT for a word!!!). Smiley Happy

Hello @River9 Smiley Very Happy Heart

I want to chat with someone about my son’ depression and help available to him.

Hi @Bill35 This forum is a peer-to-peer support forum for people with Lived Experince. If you are after advice from people who have been/are going through similar things with their children then there is a carer's forum here where you will find more information and members with much more knowledge. I am sure there will be members there that can point you in the right direction and support you through what is happening with your son Smiley Happy

Take care

Zoe

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance