Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Re: SANE Forums Responsive project: Ask technical questions & report bugs here

@Lauz   Notification times seem to be random sometimes I get them out of order e.g. 5 hrs ago then  10 hrs ago then 2 hrs ago then 15hrs ago,  sometimes I don't get them until a subsequent post is made by the same person.  Sometimes I get them in a timely way --- really varies a lot at the moment.  My gmail is working perfectly well for everything else.     

@Lauz, as I mentioned in my emails to you and @Margot, the problem here is intermittent also. Exactly the same problem as @eth just described. No, they are not through consistently late. Some are on time, some are half and hour to an hour late, some are 8 hours late, some are 17 hours late, and all out of order, as @eth described.

Hi again @Lauz@Margot@eth, I did a web search on delays in Gmail message delivery. I followed some instructions for a Google tool to analyse the path one of my emails from SANE had gone through to get to me.

Here is a screen dump of the results. As you will see, there was a 76 minute delay in this particular notification getting from the second SANE address on the message path to Gmail. Gmail then delivered it to me pretty much instantaneously. May be something to go back to the platform providers with to help answer the problem.

EmailDelayProblem.jpg

Thanks for the clarification @Mazarita 

I appreciate the above information you have provided - can I ask which google tool you used to find out this information? Our tech team will pass that on to the platform providers happily for further review.

When they come back to us with feedback on this, we will let you know Smiley Happy

Hello Community managers

I am wondering if the issues with the NBN affecting internet access has anything to do with the time delays as they are random.

We have had interruption to our services many times over the last month...

On contacting our  service provider... have been advised that there are NBN updates creating interruptions..

This of course may be totally unrelated..

cheers

Thanks for giving us the heads up about that @Sophia1. It's certainly something that may impact some of our members. Appreciate you sharing 🌈

Hi @Lauz, I am at a friend's place on my tablet. I will get you that information when I'm back home on my desktop later this arvo or this evening. Cheers.

No problem @Mazarita - I think we worked out that it is this tool on google: https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/messageheader/analyzeheader 

Will let you know when we get feedback - appreciate your patience!

Hi @Lauz, yep that's the one. I have emailed you about this too. Smiley Happy

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your feedback on the changes so far. We appreciate your patience as we've worked through (and continue to work through) some of the bugs.

We'll close this thread for now, however please do continue to contact us about any tech issues as they arise. If you'd like to keep up to date on forum enhancements going forward, please check out this thread. And if you'd like to post feedback on the forum enhancements, you can post it here.

Thanks everyone 🌻

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance