Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Things I have learnt to do when I’m heading towards a crisis.

Hi @frog  sometimes its hard to relax and do something just because.   Why do all the "woulds", "shoulds" and "oughts" keep popping into our minds?  Why can't we just be?  Heart

Re: Things I have learnt to do when I’m heading towards a crisis.

@NatalieS You would laugh if you saw me on the soccer field. There are a few of us oldies (I only started playing sport at the age of 44 and I am in no mind to stop while i am having fun) and although I have learnt a few things in 6 years and am a valued member of the team, I am still the silliest. I am typically the one who will try to do a manouvre that I am incapable of (like a spectacular karate kick that misses the ball) and i recently got my first yellow card for failing to hear the whistle and taking the ball from the oppposition who was about to take a free kick - that was embarrasing.

But I am also known for laughing on the pitch because it is just a game. I wish work were more like that. Especially desk jobs and retail etc. The jobs that are about money and rules and stuff as aposed to the more important jobs which feed people and save lives. Even my ambo friends have a laugh.

I vote we all take everything less seriously and I also vote that we embrace our mistakes because mistakes have taught me everything i know!

And I know a lot 😉

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance