Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Heart to you too @Angels333  x

Love your picture @Appleblossom  Heart

Hi @eth 

It's great to hear from you - and yes - the unexpected issues of live do rearrange the way we live - and as they say - these things are sent to try us and they do

But we can only do our best - also - we are allowed to feel unsettled by the changes in our ordinary lives - like  you - I miss my support workers - I really don't want someone I don't know here at 9.00 am on Tuesday when my regular lady knows I am not ready to be my usual extroverted self until I have had my coffee and considered life. I really don't want anyone I don't know around while self-distancing myself - I totally understand what you are saying

Not seeing your therapist though - not even able to skype yesterday and now having maternity leave. I do understand these things but where does it leave her clients? I don't need to see mine at them moment and I don't know if she is seeing people - but this too shall past and it will be in our family stories I am sure

I did see a podiatrist though which was fortunate because of life's really small things - the toenail on my right foot grows at a strange angle - as my father's did - and in spite of minor surgery it still grows a bit every day and was - well - it was infected - now it has been professionally clipped and I hope this will last a couple of months.

Keep distracting and informing yourself in stages and degrees depending on how you feel - we need to do both. I would love to be able to drive but it is a long time since I did and really don't know about driving in the crazy traffic I see when I am being driven by someone else - it's better not to if you are unready to drive alone.

Keep going Eth - you are a great person to have here - you have a lot to share

Dec

Here's a little pic to illustrate what balance looks like - aw - wow

Now that's what I call being well balanced - I'm not up to that life-syleNow that's what I call being well balanced - I'm not up to that life-syle

sounds like a good workout @Shaz51  dont you have a spare mower ? think father had 3 at one stage when he was still at home lol, guess sisters familiy got them ha

@eth 💛💙

Hearts  @outlander @Appleblossom @Owlunar @TAB @Mazarita @Shaz51  xx

Mazarita I'm hoping you don't feel like I've hijacked your thread.  Just wanted to keep it going while you were away coz it's such a nice place to be.

Hey @Owlunar  love your balance picture.  Nice to hear from you too and thankyou for your kind words.

My podiatrist clinic says they will remain open but use hygeinic protocols - may be yours will too. 

Re driving - I've recently completed 9 lessons with a mental health occupational therapist instructor - it would be a real shame to see that go to waste and regress again.  If for no other reason than it cost $436 per hour out of my NDIS capacity building budget.   No but seriously I really want to keep progressing with it.  It will change my life.  The next step was to be me driving with a support worker with me but that won't happen for some time now.  Bro said tonight he will come with me and if we need to we can say we are going to the pharmacy. 

NSW rules about not going out got a lot tighter today and are fixed for 90 days they said on the news today.  Out of our control so we might as well reconcile ourselves.

Have to do my phone banking and see if I got the bonus yet (I'm on the DSP).  It will be good to see my emergency nest egg replenished a bit, it's dropped significantly since new year what with my trips away and the recent extra shopping.  But gee am I glad I had those trips when I did.

ha ha it was a good workout my @TAB 

even my diabetes reading was good that night xx

@Mazarita@eth@outlander@Owlunar 

mum came home today but is on AB`s as she has a staf infection in her wound from her fall 6 weeks ago xx

it must have really been a good workout to affect reading @Shaz51  take it easy hey

will do my @TAB HeartHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance