Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Advice on BPD feelings

Coolies! You’re the second person I have come across who has engaged in MBT!!! It’s such an new and unknown therapy to do many people @EternalFlower .

I was told I had bipolar. So they gave med meds… no wonder meds didn’t do anything. It was BPD coupled with CPTSD. Hence MBT made such a difference. It took time though. And when people ask me what it is, I find it hard to explain… ‘ummm… you mentalise’? All I know is it worked.

As for labels and diagnoses, I ended up just dealing with the symptoms rather than focus too much on the label. The label was really to get me in Spectrum for therapy.

I agree @BPDSurvivor @AloiseCat99 

Tbh i have seen some people use their labels as a way to define themselves and thar scared me. So i was always so anti diagnosis overall. And i do believe it is hard sometimes in the public system with a diagnosis they kind of make thar out to be you and why u do anything. I had a terrible case worker once and not liking her was definitely seen as my illness and not possibly that she wasnt the right fit or that i had a valid reason to feel unsafe with her.

But it can help access services to have a diagnosis and is essential for many things. Im glad u got to access Spectrum i am told they are trying to help destigmatise bpd and give people with this diagnosis more rights in the mh system and a chance to be understood.

With BPD, it has such a stinking stigma attached to it @EternalFlower . I hear what you mean by being driven to anti diagnoses. 

I remember being in hospital and as soon as a nurse or doctor read BPD, I was treated totally different - I was then no longer a person, but a BPD case and I hated that. I felt people just turned their backs, rolled their eyes and walked away.

I really hope there will be more and more awareness of not only BPD but MH in general so that those suffering get the support they deserve.

Hope things get better for you @EternalFlower .

Hi @AloiseCat99 - how are you?

Hi there @AloiseCat99 ,

How are you?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance