Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Dancing for Mental Health (Boogie for the Soul)

@tyme salsa dancing sounds sooo fun! Another super different way to get your dance on. 

I think it's so true that it can feel very daunting when we're new to it or out of practice. The saying "Dance like no one's watching" is super handy to keep in mind! I'd also add to it, "Dance like no one's watching, and like every movement is an act of creation." Because it is! Dance is, to my mind, an incredible form of self-expression 💜💃

We do the dancing at home @Jynx , @tyme , @Snowie , @outlander 😁

@Jynx im not sure im not really a dancer to be honest. even when ive been at the club im stlll not really a dancer as much

I used to think this too @outlander! I mean, everyone is different so if dancing isn't for you, then that's fine! But maybe also you could give it a little try - again, it's not about doing proper moves or routines, it's about flinging your body around in any way that feels good, and connecting to music in a very grounded way - i.e. being in our bodies rather than in our minds. If you end up giving it a try I'd love to hear how you go, whether it's a good time or not! 

thanks @Jynx maybe when im in a hyper mood and deciding to remodel my house once again ill incorporate dancing in there between the furniture lol

I did a lot of dancing a few years ago and I dance competitions as well. @Jynx. I also taught for a few years. I did started it as an adult in my late 20’s. I struggle to freestyle dance though. I struggle to let my body feel it. I feel awkward and uncomfortable when I try. 

I can’t remember the last time I danced. The last time I danced with a partner was when I did my debut in 1993! 

Just don't put too much furniture so you have a dance floor to yourself! Also, don't add mirrors @outlander ! It's about the dance experience! LOL

I can’t dance and refuse to I only do dance parties with my kids on selected occasions and that’s it but thanks for thinkin of me @Jynx

haha @tyme ill just start dancing between the furniture. the move might becomg a new way of moving stuff around 😂 omg no way no mirrors lol. i dont even think theres a mirror in my house except the one in the bathroom haha so im safe

and the dog I really shouldn’t do it but sometimes I get her on her back legs and she has a quick wiggle still a better dancer then me
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance