Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Evie1
Senior Contributor

Depression do I have it

I feel my sings are getting worse but I had an attack all my mate could do was watch me break I'm so weak
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Depression do I have it

Hi @Evie1 you are not weak, the attack was something that you had no control over, don't blame yourself, be kind to yourself, you are brave for reaching out and talking about these difficult things Heart

I'm a mistake I don't deserve life

Please don't feel like that.  When I do I try to separate myself from my brain chemicals - you know, you're only feeling like that because of a chemical imbalance which will hopefully pass and I tell myself this and try to put some distance between what I cling to as being the REAL me and these awful awful feelings.  Does that make any sense?  The other thing I'm going to do next time I'm depressed is sign up for the new treatment research at the Black Dog Institute - have a look on their website it sounds very interesting and maybe just maybe helpful.

@Rosie1961 @Evie1
The Black Dog Institute is brilliant. 😁
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance