Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

MissMuffet
Peer Guide

Fellow Sleepyheads

Just wanted to shoutout to all of you who suffer from excessive daytime sleepiness! Today I am feeling extra sleepy... not enough energy to do all the things I want/need to do.

😴

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Fellow Sleepyheads

Hey @MissMuffet 

Can definitely relate! I used to have really bad insomnia. Literally did not sleep for more than an hour each night for months on end. Thank you perimenopause. I would spend my days take naps/trying to stay awake. And I would wonder how I could nap so easily but then not sleep at night!

I am much better nowadays but I still do love a daytime nap lol. On the weekends I take them. I get bad hayfever and with the only medications that work are ones that cause drowsiness, I can sometimes feel like I can't keep my eyes open!

x

Re: Fellow Sleepyheads

I can definitely relate to this! I feel like even if I have a relatively good night I spend my day just longing to go back to bed and get even a TINY bit more sleep. Lately I've been giving into the urge to go back to bed a lot, but I sometimes things like eating an apple or listening to some upbeat music will help keep me awake.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance