Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

florencefifty
Senior Contributor

How do you turn off work mode?

Today, I was looking through the company e-mails, and I noticed, this gentleman attached a TikTok video reporting that the uploader was verbally abused by someone. This bloke recognised the person in the video as one of our employees.

I looked up his photo and yeah, the person in the video looks exactly like him. I passed it to his manager, by which point my managers noticed it as well.

There were two people in the video. I quickly recognised the second person in the video, because I had dealt with him before. I thought he was under the same manager as the first bloke, so I didn’t mention that I knew him.

I turned off my computer at 5:00PM, but then at 6:00PM, I thought “hang on, let me check one thing before I finish”. I logged back on, looked up the second person on Teams and realised, he had a different manager. So I let her know as well.

But it’s annoying that an hour after I finish, I’m still working. Or when you are investigating a process or legal issue and you have a lightbulb moment at 10:00PM. Do you have trouble shutting off?

That case is so funny, but it’s not funny. I mean what are the odds? The video had 150,000 views when we saw it. He’s probably going to be stunned to hear that someone 1) filmed him and 2) recognised him and 3) e-mailed us. AND that a random dude from client services was the first to see the e-mail LOL.

That just goes to show, you never know who’s watching, so you have to behave. It makes it worse that they obviously came straight from work, dressed in suits. Businesswear is essentially a uniform, they’re technically representing the company.

1 REPLY 1

Re: How do you turn off work mode?

Switching off can be hard @florencefifty, It shows you care and want to make a difference. Set yourself obtainable boundaries that will protect your health. You matter and deserve to be able to switch off.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance