Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: How to manage my bad anxiety attacks

Hi @Snoopy88 

Sorry it’s taken a long time to get back to respond to your question about how to accept it. For me I think that when I knew I was in a meltdown I knew it would be bad and it would be for days. I could only see the bad and almost try to fight it. Over time and being reminded over and over from people (forum members, sane help centre, my therapist and care coordinator) I eventually began to realise that it was true. It was a regular thing for me. I had got through it many times before and would again...and again....and again etc. The length of time I struggled with that high emotion started to reduce as I told myself or was reminded by others that it would pass. Eventually I learned to recognise it too. The less thought I gave into thinking it was the worst most horrible thing at the time and the more I learned the things that worked for me the easier it got. Having said that I’m sure I’ll get caught out again and fall over but generally it has been a bit easier. I remind myself it’s part of me but doesn’t have to rule me if that makes sense. It may not be helpful for you but I wanted to share in case it was. Best wishes. 

Re: How to manage my bad anxiety attacks

@Teej  thank you for your response. With the anxiety you have do you work full time? Is so how do you manage work and anxiety at the same time? Are you on medication? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance