Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Dani23
New Contributor

Im in need of something external to lift me up

Hello!
Im currently diagnosed with a mental health issue under psychosis. Tho Im am not completely sure that is my condition?
Im in drugs and all but nothing seems to work for me.
I cant concentrate and everything, even anwsering "how are you", is such an effort for me.
I feel like my head is congested and not clear.
What is happening to me?
I have been like that for a year now. I know inside I am very sad but everything has to come to the surface,but how?
Any suggestion about what to do?
I would really appreciate if soneone can understand me.
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Im in need of something external to lift me up

Hi @Dani23 and welcome to our little forum 🙂

I'm one of the moderators and currently on shift until midnight today. Thanks for sharing about your situation and treatment of your mental illness. I think many people find that diagnosis and medication can be a bit variable until a clinician knows you and your pattern over time. 

There are several members here who have experienced psychotic episodes and similar illnesses and I'm sure they will have good information to share with you. Do you live with family? Are you working or studying? Sane is an anonymous forum so we don't identify ourselves, our family or our suburb etc, but definately talk about what's going on in our lives.

When you have 10 mins, have a read of the fourm guidelines here. Lots of info to make your posting easier.

Look forward to chatting with you,

kind regards, Frog

Hi @Dani23, welcome to the SANE forums.

I think you may get more of a response if you post your messages in the Lived Experience area, where more people are likely to find your post, and you may get responses from people with advice from their own experience.

I am one of those living with a mental illness, in my case bipolar. Without medication, I have some psychotic tendencies, but not full-blown psychosis. It must be so hard for you when answering 'how are you' is difficult and a foggy head.

I don't have any immediate suggestions other than to take things gently with yourself and try your best to remain calm through what you are experiencing. Have you talked to your doctors about how you feel the medications are not working?

Mainly I just wanted to say hi and welcome. 🙂

Kind wishes.

Confused with your link @prochoice Why are you posting about real estate for sale?

Hi @Dani23 

Welcome to the forums, i'm glad that you have been able to write about how things are for you at the moment. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience here on the forums. So many people have been where you are now, or are in similar situations. You're definitely not alone. I hope that you find the forums a helpful space.

Sorry about my above message, i cant seem to edit it... was referring to two posts that needed to be removed... 😞 

How are you doing today?

LJ

Hi @Dani23 I live with schizoaffective disorder, so also live with psychosis. I also have days where I feel like my head is congested, for a number of reasons. 

1. Namely the side effect of antipsychotic medication. It makes me feel sluggish and numbed to real world happenings around me. However if I don't take it and I relapse into psychosis then...

2. My head becomes congested by being overwhelmed with busy thoughts and constant paranoia and hallucinations. I hear voices which become quite intrusive and derogatory. 

It used to be thought that psychotic disorders were degenerative and worsened over time. That thankfully has been disproven and that people can recover and be able to live fulfilling lives. Not that this doesn't take time, there is no magic cure-all. It takes a lot of hard work in a lot of different areas. I still feel awfully sad and depressed at times (to the point of contemplating taking my own life), because I am still grieving for the former life I had. Psychosis does change your life, I won't deny that. It needn't ruin it however.

Anyhoo, glad you've found this forum and welcome to the boards. Sorry for the weird ramble. 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance