Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Blueeyesflyhigh
New Contributor

Just lost with it all

I was told the last firday that i had bipolar by my psychiatrist that was about all i started researching into it all trying to understand it more an what type i have my mind just keeps racing been i haven't really stoped so fare i belive i am bipolar 1 just looking back over last few year but still so lost no clue what to do i am obsessed over what do working out every little thing my mind hasn't slowed down i get small drops then back in to all again
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Just lost with it all

Hello @Blueeyesflyhigh,

A very warm welcome to the forums from myself!

It's great you have come on here to share how you are going and looking fo some extra support right now.

It sounds like you are very overwhelmed right now which is causing you to become lost as to what to do next, perhaps you could try writing down some of your concerns to take to your next session so you can really go over them with your Psychiatrist? Are you also linked in with a Psychologist also?

Lunar 🙂

Re: Just lost with it all

Hi @Blueeyesflyhigh,

I was diagnosed with bipolar in 2008. There are a number of us on the site living with this as part of our lives. It is hard to avoid an initial surprise and shock reaction when faced with the diagnosis. 

One thing I do when feeling panicked or with racing thoughts is, as @Lunar suggested, write them down, maybe even just in dot point form as you can. This helps 'unpack' some of those excess thoughts and release them a bit. It might work if you are able to do it.

Another thing I sometimes find really helpful is to just sit in a chair, close my eyes and focus on my breathing, putting my mind on that and feeling the breath go in and out. After a while of doing this you may be able to slow your breathing down. This can be really powerful at slowing thoughts and emotions so that we are better able to manage them.

Keep talking here if it helps. It often helps me and others to write about what we are going through here.

Take it easy and kindest wishes. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance