Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

im glad you like the owl @Owlunar i found her to be quite cute too.
im glad your feeling better today and having no headache is a good start to the day.
thank you, its pretty hard atm, i just rang to find out when my psychologist appointment was. i was sure it was last friday and it was but apparently they cancelled it and never bothered to tell me. i really couldve used that appointment last week. im trapped atm with no car and with pops decline hes becoming very dependent on me and i dont have breathing space at home.

i know your relationship with you mum wasnt the best and im sorry that it wasnt. it really mustve been hard for you to not be able to see her and to check in with her care as well. im glad that she was in a good aged care facility though, at least tha was something good.

untitled.png

Hi @outlander @BryanaCamp @utopia @BlueBay 

I am not firing on all-fours today - I was badly triggered yesterday and this is in the really bad time of the year for me - I hoped not to get really unhappy this year but I guess there is always something that will bring it all back and this happened

Maybe it will wear off - Fridays are always busy and I got home late but when I could I rang Life Line and that worked well but I woke up with a headache and feel really tired and washed out

Shit happens 

I will be okay - I will always be okay - I have cooking to do today and this is something I enjoy doing and I only cook for myself so this is good - I enjoy cooking on Saturdays

btw - I can't seem to post pictures or photos atm - is anyone else having this problem?

Dec

Former-Member
Not applicable

I'm really sorry @Owlunar  that you had such a bad day yesterday, having been triggered and it being an unhappy time of year for you in general.  I do hope your day of cooking and baking today will help restore some equilibrium for you.  Are you cooking anything in particular?  I'd be interested to know, if you'd like to share.

Yes, the inability to post pictures on the forums started yesterday afternoon, and continues today.  The managers are aware of it, and in fact there is a thread opened about it in the Forum News and Feedback section.  I think @Shaz51  opened it.  We are not able to upload any photos or cut/paste any pictures at this stage.  Hoping they can fix it soon, but there again they had hoped to be back on air for the usual Friday Feast.  But sadly ... that was a pictureless affair last night.  Company was still good though.

Hope you feel much better soon my friend.

Sherry 😊🌺

Sending love @Owlunar xx

❤️ @Owlunar 

Thanks @BlueBay @Former-Member @Former-Member @Gazza75 

I am feeling very tired today and the headache has taken out permanent residence here I think - and as unhappy as I am feeling today I know it will be okay - the good news is I am going up to the Sunshine Coast in just over a week

One other thing that I can add to my repetoire of petite miseries is that today would have been my mother's 99th birthday - I certainly have longevity genes on my side - both my parents made it into their 90s - wow

Cooking - I have prepared vegetables and I am making a meat loaf - I got some dried herbs and spices yesterday - and I have lemon thyme in my garden that keeps growing from the root stock - and growing - and growing - and it really adds pep to food - 

And I will make cookies before I put dinner in the oven - and I have sorted my meat into portions which will make a stir-fry for this week and one for next week - I might just freeze it though because I am having trouble getting out of second gear - 

Thanks for telling me about the forum wide lack of pictures - my life feels barren without clipart - I have developed a life-long wish to enjoy clipart - 

We have had heavy rain here today - after really beautiful weather - and it got so dark I needed to have the light on to see what I was doing in the middle of the day - but the sun is setting a few minutes later peeps - we are past the winter solstice - isn't that good news

Time for coffee - and coffee without pictures - aw - that's the pits-shers

Nuf sed - I make up terrible jokes to get myself out of the dark places - whatever works

Dec

Hi @Owlunar , I hope your headache and the rain subsides soon.  It's good you have longevity in your genes, not sure I have that.  Hopefully my parents proove me wrong.

It's wonderful to have some fresh herbs from your garden to add to your cooking.  It's amazing the difference they can make to a meal.  My favourites are probably basil, mint and coriander.  It sounds like you go better than most in 2nd gear   The meatloaf sounds delicious.

We'll have to wait a little longer for some of your witty clip art.  It's definitely good news the days are getting longer.  I've been enjoying a bit of sunshine here today, but, still have the fire going as once it gets dark the cold comes on pretty quick. 

The trip and warmer climate aren't far away for you now. 

Hope you enjoy your coffee.  Smiley Happy

Thanks @Gazza75 

My cookies are done and I have the meat loaf and vegies in the oven and my meat sorted out for the week - I do enjoy cooking and the rest of the good news is that today I did the dishes as I went and the kitchen smells wonderful and dinner will just cook - with enough vegies to saute with tomorrow's cold meat loaf

I don't remember when I last followed a recipe - my daughter has the magic green fingers in the garden - I get the cooking done without recipes - we all have our gifts - I just realised cooking without recipes and measuring is mine - it works out well most of the time - except perhaps the time when my neighbour gave me some fist he caught from the local pier - I have never cooked that kind of fish and I admit without shame I don't know how to gut them

Anyway - my trip is coming up soon and I will have to start sorting out clothes soon - it doesn't take long to pack to go north and travelling less is often more - I am getting used to this now and I am taking an afternoon flight both ways and hopefully the airport won't be as chaotic as it is for morning flights - 

It's still raining but my headache as taken a hike - and yes - we are a week past the winter solstice - I always feel better when we are past the winter solstice. I think my mood has lifted too - I have learned to get through the dark times - cooking and second gear can happen esp on Saturday's after shopping on Fridays - I get my meat from a butcher in the supermarket - I like this - I can chat with the butcher who gives me good cuts because he knows me by now - good stuff - 

As far as longevity is concerned I have outlived three of my grandparents - but war takes out men early - both my grandfathers died from war related lung disorders - they might have lived longer without that - 

I hope your parents prove you wrong too

Dec

Hey @Owlunar @Gazza75 @Former-Member @eth @Shaz51 

my dinner is about to go in the oven. Zucchini slice with green beans and chips. 

Tomorrow I am going to make some healthy slice for work. 

Oh I forgot to tell you all that I’m going to the wiggle concert with my D snd A my granddaughter on Thursday. A loves the wiggles. It is at an art centre close to home and we have front row!!! Can you picture me singing all the songs- I know them all because of my kids and now my granddaughter. 😂 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance