Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Lee82
Senior Contributor

Re: Newbie

im glad that I decided to join this forum. It has distracted me a little for a while as self harm is something I struggle with a lot and keeping my hands busy this way seems to be working tonight

That is good @Lee82 Distraction helps me also a lot. I have a little puppy dog that helps me with that - he is a great snuggler 🐶

Lee82
Senior Contributor

Oh that is so sweet. I also have a dog. He is a staffy and is only 2. He too loves to snuggle. 

They are such great companions @Lee82 My Toby is a Maltese Shih Tzu - he is 6 but still acts like a puppy Smiley Tongue He is my shadow - follows me everywhere and apart from when he lays outside in the sun he is never more than a metre away from me ...and of course he sleeps on the bed on the pillow next to me!

@Lee82 @Define_normal I am going to try to get some sleep - hope you both manage some also Smiley Happy

@Zoe7, unfortunately at this time of year I keep forgetting my own health as I am usually so focused on him. He gets his asthma from my side of the family as I have severe chronic asthma and my 5 younger siblings all have varying degrees of asthma. I get chest infections all year long but haven't had any bad ones for a few years but my son had 3 last year in the span of 2 months and one of the progressed to pneumonia so have to be careful.

@Lee82, yeah he has a preventative puffer, oral liquid steriod, dual nebules and his relief puffer

Night @Zoe7 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance