Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Shift

Hi All,

There has been a shift in my mind last week and I am hoping it will be a shift for good. I feel different. Perhaps confronting one of my abusers was for me what I needed to do. I grieved a lot since. Perhaps it has finally sunk in that I was a victim. Perhaps I am finally growing into a survivor. Perhaps I can finally start to embrace my past, with all its horrible details and with all the happy times. Pehaps I can allow myself to be weak when I need to. Perhaps I can accept I am enough and love myself. Perhaps I can live in the here and now.

So many possibilities. Time will tell.
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Shift

Heart @Former-Member Heart

Kurra
Community Elder

That is a shift @Former-Member! It sounds as if you're starting to move forward. I'm so pleased for you 💕🎶💗
Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20161231_185116.png

New beginning @Former-Member, xox

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi there @Former-Member . NIce to meet you.   Aren't shifts wonderful.  I hope yours is a permanent one, and if it dims a little, it will come back. In my experience there are at least two or three types of shifts. Have you had any before?

All mine have proven very positive and some resulted in huge breakthroughs, so I hope others share the same. I speak only from my own long term battle.

Sometimes the shift is not without hiccups.  The process can be in short bursts and become permanent overtime or it can be immediate.  Even if it isn't without hiccups, it's still a brilliant sign that the barriers are breaking down,

For me, it can take a bit  to become a permanent state of mind but it does happen once it starts. Congratulations, it's a huge achievement.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Appleblossom @Kurra @Former-Member and @Former-Member

Back to the scared little bundle I'm worried about the coming week, appointments, surgery, ... and I am feeling utterly out of control again.

@Former-Member I'll try to keep the bigger picture in mind, it's just a hiccup, not a return to baseline 😕
Kurra
Community Elder

I'm having surgery on Tuesday this week @Former-Member so I do understand how upcoming surgery can stir up fear and trepidation.

I'm just concentrating on pushing those fears away. It's something that has to be done so I can't opt out. I'm reminding myself that que sera sera. What will be, will be and worrying about it is going to screw up my mind but doing that won't change anything.

I'll be thinking of you this week. Luv n Hugzzz 💕 🎶 💕
utopia
Senior Contributor

@Former-Member. Well done on achieving this shift. That is a huge step. And it will be life changing.

Of course, doubts and fears may still raise their head from time to time - that's part of life and part of your healing journey. But these moments of fear, will be short lived.

Continue doing what you have been doing. You are traveling in the right direction.

Congratulations.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member, hope the week works out, try not to stress, deep breaths, keep us posted

@Kurra, I'm concerned for you too, really like your attitude

"WHAT WILL BE WILL BE"

(is that what 'que sera sera' means?)

My recent mammogram I was less anxious than ever before (therapy must be finally working lol), so I mentioned this to the attending Dr, and that was her comment. "No point in worrying, whatever will be will be" she said. And it really rang true. You're right, being anxious changes nothing. .

I really hope it all works out for both of you xox

LIFE IS DIFFICULT
BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE

IMG_20161228_102432.png

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good morning

@Kurra will be thinking of you today!

My surgery has been rescheduled so have some of my appointments, so I feel even less control.

The big question is whether I need to be in control? Or go with the flow? Or ride the waves? Is that what you mean @utopia and @Former-Member?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance