Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

BorderlineGirl
Contributor

Symptoms

I am so sick of getting headaches every day. I practically live on medication 😫

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Symptoms

Hey @BorderlineGirl 

That doesn't sound sustainable. Have you spoken to a doctor about this? I know firsthand how physical pain can impact ones mental health.

How are you going today?

Since Sunday I've been in and out of headaches. Starting with throbbing ones to barely there. 

I know its probably not recommended but currently I take painkillers [name of medication removed] every day with both my morning and night meds just as a preventative. 

Also it's not even summer yet and I'm already over the heat 

Hello, my own experience with headaches (way back when). I used to get them down the centre of my head. And found that, along with my “mental” meds, spirulina and vitamin b tablets eased all my physical symptoms. It could be as simple as that, but you should really see your gp. Don’t risk missing if there’s anything more serious. I hope you feel better.

If it gets worse, or continues, I hope you can speak to the doctor. I've had headaches/migraines in the past, but I've been able to narrow them down to a contributing factor.... so i guess it's good to know so you can better manage and possibly prevent debilitating headaches @BorderlineGirl 

Also, just a quick note that moderators have removed the name of the medication you are taking and just used the general term 'painkillers'. This aligns with our SAFETY Guideline. We have also emailed you about this. https://saneforums.org/t5/help/faqpage/title/community-guidelines

Please let us know if you need help with posting or anything.

How are your reborns going? Do you prefer I refer to them by name?

Sorry didn't realise I couldn't specify meds. My headaches come from my stress and anxiety. Also worse with the heat. I need to make Time to cuddle my reborns, tho I always feel a bit guilty cos I feel like I should be spending the time with my pets while they are around cos my reborns will still be with me long after my furbabies have passed 

Constant pain can really wear you down. I also suffer daily from multiple health issues and sometimes it is overwhelming. I have issues with heat as well and also sensitive skin so when thats all hitting me at once i get really irritable. 

Hey @BorderlineGirl 

How are the headaches going?

I suffered for years getting migraines and daily headaches. In the end I had to see a neurologist and get on some special migraine medication. My headaches are caused by stress and lack of sleep, so I've had to adjust my lifestyle and cut way back on work.

Just wanted to let you know that taking painkillers every day can cause what's called "re-bound" headaches, it's a vicious cycle and might need to see a doctor if you're getting them that often.

If it's caused by stress or tension you might be able to get some relief by getting a massage. And of course you probably already know this, but making sure you're getting enough sleep!

Goodluck and let me know if you need any more tips

Have you ever tried reiki? It helped me a lot with migraines. Also hot packs can help too, although probably not handy in the heat. Any idea what is causing them? Stress?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance